Its 3 am and I can't close my eyes.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mightyslo, Dec 14, 2002.

1. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

I believe I ran into a load of MSG or something at a restaurant on Friday and am having a bad flair. Either its something else bothering me or MSG is in everything. Im really paying for it.

Im trying the high protein/ low carb diet and maybe thats also not helping me sleep.

Does anyone know of anything that can combat the chemical sensitivities? I don't know what to eat anymore.

Mslo
  2. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

I believe I ran into a load of MSG or something at a restaurant on Friday and am having a bad flair. Either its something else bothering me or MSG is in everything. Im really paying for it.

Im trying the high protein/ low carb diet and maybe thats also not helping me sleep.

Does anyone know of anything that can combat the chemical sensitivities? I don't know what to eat anymore.

Mslo
  3. JP

JP New Member

wish I could help...I'm wide awake too..prednisone has me awake...wicked medication and a life saver at times.

hope you are able to sleep soon...and discover what foods serve your body the best...it is hard to "not know" our bodies anymore...

take care,
    Jan
  4. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just a welcome to the board, even though you have posted many times before i don't think i have seen you, there are so many new people. the MSG will give me headaches and a flare everytime.

warm regards, fibolady
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

I use to have a terrible time going to sleep at night. I would still be awake when everyone else was waking up. I started taking Effexor and it has been absolutely wonderful. I still stay up late at night, but that's because I choose to. But, if I need to go to sleep early because of an appointment the next day or something I can now go to bed and go right to sleep, thanks to the Effexor.

Also, do you by any chance take Premarin? I was told by a NP the other day that I should be taking my Premarin at night, not in the morning, something to do with the Premarin keeping you awake at night if you take it in the morning.

Dara
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

As for as I know, there is no drugs or supplements that will help with chemical sensitivity, other than to stay away for what you are allegric too.

MSG, is my worst enemy! I ask in resturants if they use MSG before I order the food. Not only will it keep me up, but I also get a staggering sinus attack with a headache from it.

Artificial sweetners is another one that is a real killer too, although I have never knowingly used it, if I do get caught in a processed food, I get the same problem as from the MSG.

Also eating a heavy meal at bedtime, or sweets will also keep you from sleeping.

Sure hope you sleep well tonight!

Shalom, Shirl