its 4:17 am anyone else a wake

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenniferand2, Aug 1, 2008.

1. jenniferand2

jenniferand2 New Member

i am in so much pain right now i dont know what to do. i have tried everything two lyrica and two tylonal. nothing is working. i hate dealing with this. what kind of natural substances are you guys talking about? maybe i should try some. i find it even hard to stand long enough to shower it is getting that bad.
  2. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

Sleep and I are not on speaking terms lately. I have even taken a Rozerem but so far nothing. I wish I was someone who had info for you but I am also looking for help. I am also at the point where showering is a hard chore but I have made it a little easier by getting a shower chair. now I am trying to figure out how to get my hair done after the shower w/o ending up covered in sweat and in bed for the day.
    Good luck and sweet dreams (hopfully)
    Erin
  3. jenniferand2

jenniferand2 New Member

thank you erin that is my sisters name by the way. i hope we both can get the answers we are looking for soon. my doc is the type of doc who doesnt like to perscribe habbit forming drugs for pain. i am on lyrica right now but it is not working at all. i dont know what is left to do.
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Yes I was awake until 5:30 today.

Many people on here soak for 20 minutes in a hot bath with 2 cups epsom salts and a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, they say be ready to lay down afterwards.

I can't get out of the tub easily so I've only tried it a couple of times. It does help.

My son with knee problems does it a couple of times a week.

I am going to find a shower stool this weekend, I absolutely hate taking a shower and getting ready, it's exhausting.

Take care
  5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

been awake like that before. Be careful how you take Lyrica. It is not meant to be an instant pain reliever. Which means you are only supposed to take it as prescribed and then use other pain meds for breakthrough pain...taking an extra Lyrica won't help with your immediate pain cause it is a drug that needs to work into your system.

If your doctor won't give you pain meds then you need to find a new doctor who will treat your pain, whether it is with natural products or with conventional medicine.

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough time.
  6. homesheba

homesheba New Member

but on a different day...