It's 66 degrees, shortsleeves no socks cold hands, even

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Apr 22, 2006.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I wrote about my remission (? it may be too soon to tell, still shy of a month ?) in a couple of other posts. (See the "amino acid" threads in my profile.)

The impossible is happening this morning. I just checked the interior temp of the house. It's 66 degrees. I'm sitting here in short sleeves, light weight pajama bottoms and no socks. My hands are cold and don't hurt! They are cold, and the joints still bend! I'm shivering, and I don't hurt.

What sixty-six degrees usually means for me: four shirts/sweaters, a scarf around my neck, jeans and 1-2 pairs of thick socks -- plus stiff, virtually useless hands.

I have a weird symptom where if I so much as step on a cool floor, it sends shooting pain up from my feet into my legs. In the past, if I didn't rush to get something warmer on my feet, I would develop unbearable leg cramps and be done for the day. I don't need socks today.

I don't fully understand this recovery/remission, but I'm amazed at the change.

It's so difficult to function when any little thing can set off a pain or fatigue, you're constantly on eggshells trying to avoid known triggers.

But when you don't have all those annoying little fish hooks pulling at your flesh (that's what I think of my symptoms, I think of them as little fish hooks ripping at my very flesh, my very life,) you can live. You CAN "be," "do," "function."

God, how many hours I wasted wondering if this was all in my head. Between the new diet, new supplements, old supplements, change in weather and pretty good health care, all I'm left with on a regular basis is some morning stiffness and (normal?) afternoon fatigue.

Miracles do happen :).
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am so happy that you are feeling well! It's great to be able to be 'normal' isn't it?

You are so right about the supplements, diet, etc. I am sure it plays a huge part in how we sometimes feel! When I do what I am supposed to do, my body does feel healthier!

Congratulations!

Kim
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Thanks for the encouraging word. We needed it.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am hoping i can get my butt into the gym again...this week maybe tomarrow...atleast my feet aren't hurting at the moment.

jodie