It's a miracle...........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by COOKIEMONSTER, May 6, 2003.

1. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

Or at least today it is.

It has been a very hard week for me and I am still waitiing for the doctor to prescribe my pain medication after 8 months.

But yesterday, it got so bad that I had to have something besides tequila. So I headed out to Rite Aid and I bought Olive Leaf Extract, Milk Thistles, (liver) and St John's Wort, (mood). I don't know why I bought these products...guess it's because I read about them over and over on the website.

Anyhoot, I'm not sure if I overdosed on taking one of each, but this morning I woke up with I'd say, 10% less pain and my bleeding....for those of you that have been following my postings, is slowly coming to a halt. I have more "umph" instead of that person that was sitting in a chair all the time being moody...I mean I actually had converations with my daughters!

Can anyone shed some light as to why the big change?

Thanks,
    Cookiemonster
  2. celina

celina New Member

I heve been following some of your postings and I am so very happy for you. I can't shed any light, but I do know that natural hippie stuff does help. I burn sage for my headaches and it works. Keep on experimenting, maybe a conversation is just the beautiful begining.
    Celina
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Cookiemonster, so glad you found something that did help you! Herbs are wonderful, and many of us get great results from them.

Maybe you had a 'guardian angel' leading your around with your choices! I have heard of stranger things.

Everyone is talking about the Olive Leaf extract, but I have not tried it yet. Milk Thistles is an old herb with a lot going for it. So has St. Johns Wort for moods/nerves.

Glad you are feeling better, and hope it continues too.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 05/06/2003]
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

make sure you are not taking any antidepressants that affect serotonin---- while taking the st. johns wort, at the same time.

glad you are feeling better.

ll
  5. skychomper

skychomper Member

you sound just like me when I was raving about Olive Leaf Extract on a recent post. I had alot more umph, my skin is clearing umph, no more sinus pain. the best thing it did for me was help me psychologically/emotionally. I had been going through a rough period...I wasn't talking to people, I was just irritable and NOT normal. But I wasn't upset about anything in particular, not even the cfs, it was like some cns/brain weirdness. I couldn't even make eye contact with people! I was just zombying around the house. I had these results with only the olive leaft exract. I, too started to have conversations with people. isn't it nice?!

so happy for your success- and i love your screenname! I am also a cookie monster-

skychomps
  6. Notonline

Notonline New Member

"HISTORY:
    Milk thistle gets its name from a medieval legend. The Virgin Mary, wanting to conceal her baby Jesus from Herod’s soldiers, hid him under the big leaves of a thistle. In her haste, a few drops of milk fell from her breast on to the thistle leaves, which have retained a hereditary trace of it close to their veins.

THE BASIC PLANT FOR THE LIVER :
    From a more scientific viewpoint, the fruit of this plant contains three substances (silybin, silychristin, silydanin) that are beneficial to the liver and are covered by the generic name silymarin.
    Silymarin is a liver protector: it contributes to a speedier recovery from hepatitis and cirrhosis by promoting liver reconstruction It aids gall bladder flow and is thus active in cases of hepatic insufficiency or gallstones.
    Combined with fumitory, it provides an excellent liver drainage effect.
    Milk thistle is also haemostatic. It is therefore recommended for frequent nose bleeds and excessively heavy periods."

The milk thistle might be helping with your periods...I've been taking a bit more Vitamin A lately...along with natural progestoren (can't spell)...so far so good for me...first month I didn't put up with having my period twice monthly in 4 years. Hard finding the right formula to help because we're all so different...but sometimes we can luck into it. Hope you continue to feel better!!

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you! I hope this continues to help you. Heed the warning about the St. John's Wort, though, as it should not be used with antidepressants, if you are taking any.

I have started drinking the olive leaf tea made from the tincture. The tincture is made with whole grain alcohol, so I suspect that's why I love the tea so much :)

Love, Mikie