It's a Syndrome, not a religion!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I'll have to remember that next time a doc says to me: "I don't believe in CFS"

Good one, racwhite!
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

That is cute...I will have to remember the next I come across an uneducated doctor. Yep, it may not be a religion but boy do you need faith if you have it!!
  3. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

That took me totally by surprise! lol! Good one! I wish I had thought of that when I had my SSI hearing last month. My judge was one of those who "doesn't believe in fibromyalgia". Although in reality, I never would have made such a smart arse comment to the judge, I can't help but to laugh for imagining what his facial expression would have been like if I had!
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

is what I say to anyone who says that to me. If it is a medical person I tell them they are free to call it anything they want I just want them to treat the symptoms and help me have the best quality of life I can achieve. I have no need to be attached to the name CFS but do have a need for better health. That shuts them up and puts the problem in their court as to what to do about the symptoms.
  5. Jen F

Jen F New Member

yeah, I've done that too.

Cause, other than applying for benefits where there has to be a diagnosis, that's the main point isn't it -- that we need help with the symptoms our body is expressing.

So, yeah, they can call it what they want as long as they help us out!!

I think saying that to health professionals helps them realize that we are not there for attn seeking, we just really want help and answers.
  6. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Lol,
    mitch
  7. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

to all the uneducated egghead medical 'professionals' our there. dolsgirl