It's a wonderful life......or is it?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Nov 14, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

speaking of my husband of course. He may not be the most understanding in the world but on occasion he does make up for lost time and so do I.
    Last night I told him my month was up and we could do the down and dirty. He was so excited when he got home, I got roses, candy, a massage. You see, if we have sex, I am so sore for days on end on top of the daily soreness that I don't do it often, because I get laid up even worse. That's terrible, and I feel for him. I have asked him to find someone else that is more "normal" but he said he has the patience to keep me. Isn't that sweet. He makes me feel like a million, even though I'm worth about 2 cents. I think I'll try harder even though the pain is twofold.
    Anyone else have this problem?????
    Soft hugs today and always.

[This Message was Edited on 11/18/2002]
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

speaking of my husband of course. He may not be the most understanding in the world but on occasion he does make up for lost time and so do I.
    Last night I told him my month was up and we could do the down and dirty. He was so excited when he got home, I got roses, candy, a massage. You see, if we have sex, I am so sore for days on end on top of the daily soreness that I don't do it often, because I get laid up even worse. That's terrible, and I feel for him. I have asked him to find someone else that is more "normal" but he said he has the patience to keep me. Isn't that sweet. He makes me feel like a million, even though I'm worth about 2 cents. I think I'll try harder even though the pain is twofold.
    Anyone else have this problem?????
    Soft hugs today and always.

[This Message was Edited on 11/18/2002]
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I cannot fully relate,but I have something to tell you...
    YOU ARE WORTH A HELLUVA LOT MORE THAN 2 CENTS!!!!
  4. lilladybug

lilladybug New Member

and so is he!
    I know how wonderful it is to have good support around me I have 2 wonderful people in my life who always support me (xoxoxo beautifulsimplicity)
    Enjoy it when you feel like you can and remember how special you both are! And that makes it even more special!

Pass this along I loved it ...about being a woman even when we dont feel like it!!!

I am a woman..........................

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,

The figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes,

Because that is the doorway to her heart,

The place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman Is not in a facial mole,

But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives,

The passion that she shows.

The beauty of a woman

With passing years -- only grows.

Soft hugs and a little less soreness!

Lilladybug!

5. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks Ladybug for the poem. That was beautiful.
    I take one step at a time. We all have our bad and good days. Just wish I had a few more good ones.
    Very soft hugs now and always.

Remember the mack truck a lot of you say you are hit by when you get up....well that is what I was referring to when after you have sex with your partner.
    Except....the truck hit you and threw you about 100 feet. Our bodies are so sore and sensitive to touch that they are easily aggravated. Hugs even hurt.
    Very soft hugs to all of you.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2002]
  6. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

I was going to question my dr about this next trip,I can"t find the urge because of the pain i"m in or some of the meds have taken it away,but i know the mac-truck feeling.When iM able we try and during it i wish he would hurry,he understands how i feel though and on them days Is Like A Boy IN The Candy Store LOL The Poem was lovely ladybug. LindaGa
  7. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Thanks for the responses. I don't believe there are only a few of us out there with this problem, are there???????
    Any suggestions? Take the pain pills right before the engagement but still hurts to move around.
    Thanks. Soft hugs today. Very frustrating. Feels like you've lost your youth.
  8. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I get sore after sex, but not super sore. my legs are the worst. sorry i can't be of more help. your husband sounds like a very understanding guy.i wish you both the best.

stephanie
  9. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Maybe you could practice smiling at yourself in a mirror, I have been doing it and it is getting easier to smile, re: the other issue, yes, I do not enjoy it like I used to, I have herpes tho and so I get outbreaks easily and I have to really stay on top of it so as not to infect my hubby, I think for me part of the problem is I don't seem to have the desire, so I don't lubricate like I used to, I am thinking of switching to (forgot the name, a different anti depressant, not zoloft,) anyway it is here somewhere on recent threads, zoloft kills my desire. My hubby is understanding too, I can't go a month so, I would love that. I have him down to 1-2 x a week but for an everyday guy I am making progress.
    Please let go of the idea of another person for your hubby, what I do is encourage mine to "help himself" and he does, he is very good about understanding as your hubby is. He loves me and your hubby loves you and you need to love yourself, I am working on that one.
    Maybe talk to him more, and pleasure him in other ways. It works for us, I am concerned about his needs as you are too and we are just working it out. Love does that. My hubby & I only got married last Dec 1 and he was a 38 yo never even had a girlfriend guy, he was so incredibly moral, I really admire him for that, he thought he had died & gone to heaven when he finally got a normal sex life, I just got this DD in May of this yr. We celebrate 1 yr in a few weeks and we are closer than ever in spite of it all. Good luck. I know it is a tough issue.
    Jaci
  10. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

damn fibro fog

Lexapro, if you are on zoloft or another you might look into this. It just may be the answer for you, I think it will really help me.

Jaci

[ advertisement ]