Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Nov 14, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

WOW we're actually getting a bit of rain tonight. Forecast was for isolated storms, looks like we might get a bit more...

Don't know how many of you know, but Georgia and other parts of SE are in historic drought. Record-breaking, least amount of rain since before they started keeping track in about 1884.

If we can even get an hour of steady rain, we will be blessed!

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Have followed the news about your lack of rain. Hopefully this night of rain will be followed by a normal rainfall this year.

I'll bet you feel like going out and standing in it! (-:

Thanks for posting.

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I have a California transplant Friend who now lives outside

of Atlanta. She says that a glass of water in a restaurant

is as rare to find there as a statue of General Sherman!

Do hope all is well with you and there will be plenty of water

this year to make those peaches full and juicy!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

something was better than nothing, and it sure was nice to hear showers off and on all night. We overall are way more than 20 inches under normal.

I'm about 65 miles east of Atlanta, I think we maybe got a bit more than they did, they got less than 2/10ths of an inch!

Well, gotta start somewhere... heck, I don't even care if it snows this winter, just as long as something comes our way.

(LOL hope I don't regret those words!)
  5. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Guys, I live in northern Ga and it is really bad here.

If you're caught so much as filling a bird bath it's a $500 fine.

All rules apply to well water also.

It was pure joy to hear that rain last night.

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'd be out there doing the Happy Rain Dance....Georgia needs it so badly as do other places as well.

Since I don't (have the energy) I'll just sit back and enjoy my snowy weather.

Nancy B
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Think ole' Sonny had anything to do with it? Haha! Sure couldn't hurt! Lake Lanier is sure looking pitiful. I live 45 minutes west of Atlanta, towards Alamama. We got a good shower last night and strong winds. Now it is freezing outside. The weather has gone crazy lately. Warm one day, freezing the next. Enough to make a person sick.

8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Victoria, Nancy and Wren,

Here where we are in Tx. we had a similar situation not to long ago. We live close to a lake which was so way down those with boats could not get their boats out, bulkheads were collapsing, etc.. Thank God we finally got some good rain. I hope soon you will have the same happen to you all real soon. Glad that you are having some rain now. Hope it continues.

How terrible it must be if you cannot get a glass of water??

It seems to me in our area it is usually drought or flood and that is not good either.

My daughter lives in N.C. close to a lake and they too are having alot of problems and their lakes are terribly low.

God bless you all and may you have lots of rain soon - but no flooding please. To heavy a rain into the dry soil like that is bad as the water will not sink in as it should either.

Blessings and some nice rain to you all,