It's all in our heads,Right!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I know I hate it when dr.'s blow us off to other dr.'s when they get frustrated with treating us.
    Unfortunately I do have bipolar and have been dx. with it a few years now.So I do see a psych. for that.
    I am afriad of getting on my dr.'s nerves and keep from calling to complaining about my pain.I take 200mg. of ultram 3 times a day and it does nothing for my pain.It's ashame how much we suffering in silence just because we get responses like that."You don't look sick",I am sick of hearing that.
    Sheila
  2. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

thanks for giving my a little giggle about dealing with crappy people who don't understand us and don't try....:):)

Jen
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

...it's the pits, huh?? In a way, I'm glad I don't look sick. It would be really depressing if looking as bad as I feel was another symptom. I don't know what ultram is, but if it doesn't work, why take it?? I got some vikodin a while back and it made me sick to my stomach and dizzy.
    That was worse than the pain- so....
    Hang in there. I know how you feel and it's not all in your head. There are too many of us. Right?
  4. daylilyfan

daylilyfan New Member

I work with a woman who "has fibro in her neck" I told her you cannot have "fibro in your neck." You either have it all over or you don't have it. Oh, she says, when I told my Dr. my neck hurts he TOLD me I have fibromyalgia in my neck, so I DO....

I told her to go to my Rheumatolagist if she wants to get help with it (knowing that my Rheumy would take one look at her and she would tell the co-worker that she did not have fibro in her neck). She deals with fibromyalgia every day. Co-worker says --"Well, she didn't cure your fibro, so why should I go to her to cure mine - she obviously has not helped you."

I gave up.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]
  5. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Come to think of it, lots of people have said.
    "Yea, I I've got a bad back. If I do too much, my
    back just kills me for days." Makes you want to slap them.
    Especially when you find out that they worked all week long golfed 18 holes and were alive enough to go out to dinner with friends and party until 2:00am.
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

My husband tried to weigh in and says his back hurts too but what else should I exspect from him he never believes that I have enough brain to think for myself.He is a control freak.When I win the lottery,our state just voted yes on getting a lottery here,I am gonna play as often as I can, get filthy rich and buy me house where he can live on one said and me on the other.Gotta stay togther for the children.Or until I get skinny again and look so sexy I can find me another man.LOL!!!I'm just talking junk but it is nice to pretend.
  7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

It's in our heads, and backs, and feet and necks and hands and arms and legs and shoulders. Ha! Lynn
  8. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I love it when my dh says that his back hurts, or he has a headache, or can't remember something. My answer is always "welcome to my world". This is new to him, but I have been in chronic pain for too many years to count.

I also have Lyme; he is getting tested next week to see if he also has it. Our daughter has it. Coincidence??
  9. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

Everyone needs to hear "poor baby" sometimes when they're sick (especially husbands!). I find it really hard to give that support now, too. But I really bite my tongue, and hold back from saying, "I've been sick every day for over two years!" or "At least you know you'll be better in just a FEW DAYS!".
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  10. patches25

patches25 New Member

One time I asked the naturopath " "If we have the same blood type, would you be willing to have a blood transfusion from me?" His answer "no". For docs who believe it is all in our heads, maybe they should consider their answer to that question. E.
  11. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sheila,
    Good morning.
    Have any of your doctors told you that the bipolar is linked to CFS?
    I'm asking because I have had one told me that the acute EBV can be the cause of bipolar or rather copy bipolar. I have been labeled bipolar too and it has realy screwed up my getting any health insurance.
    Please don't let doctors mouths get you down. I think we are very hard for them to handle.
    I'm a fine one to talk I just don't trust them (doctors) deep down inside I hate going to them for anything as they have hurt me over the years more than they have helped.

Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  12. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

People always tell me "You look great!" (SIGH) I usually just say thank you, but someday I'm going to go off on one person and tell them everything about how I feel! LOL.

I also know of someone who has "fibro in their shoulder". The hilarious thing is she got diagnosed by the same rheumy who told me that I didn't have the "personality" for fibro. Um, excuse me? Would you say someone doesn't have the "personality" for cancer? Shows how much he knows about fibro. So I just laugh to myself when she talks about her "fibromyalgic shoulder".

Jessica
  13. Bambi

Bambi New Member

once a doctor finds out they are bipolar or have depression or anything mental. My best friend was just flipped from one doctor to another due to her bipolar disease and went though "heck" before she was diagnosed with a serious colon problem. They all said "Oh, you're just imagining this or that" no matter what she said or symptoms she
    described. It's unfair and dangerous.
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

"fibro in their necks that make it so hard for us that need disability to get it!