It's back, it started at the grocery store...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toniad, Oct 5, 2002.

1. toniad

toniad New Member

I went to bed with a flare up, it started prtty late last night. Today it is back, it started at the grocery store. The walking trouble, the pain, the weakness. Ifeel like my body is under attack. The past week its moving in my left arm now too. I'm very worried and afraid, and don't know how to deal with it. My legs are shakey and weak, they don't cooprate. I look like I'm drunk or a toddler learning to walk. Now that same shakiness is in my left arm? I'm very afariid and frustrated. I'm so angry. The doctor just blowsme off as if I'm insane. I don't know if its FMS or something more going on? I'm afrad its more, I'm afraid there is something with my nrves. cant type anymoore now. I wish i wasn' here alone. I agreed to babsit for my friend tonight and now I'm sick. God am I angry.
    talkk latr, well wishes all
    tonia d
  2. toniad

toniad New Member

I went to bed with a flare up, it started prtty late last night. Today it is back, it started at the grocery store. The walking trouble, the pain, the weakness. Ifeel like my body is under attack. The past week its moving in my left arm now too. I'm very worried and afraid, and don't know how to deal with it. My legs are shakey and weak, they don't cooprate. I look like I'm drunk or a toddler learning to walk. Now that same shakiness is in my left arm? I'm very afariid and frustrated. I'm so angry. The doctor just blowsme off as if I'm insane. I don't know if its FMS or something more going on? I'm afrad its more, I'm afraid there is something with my nrves. cant type anymoore now. I wish i wasn' here alone. I agreed to babsit for my friend tonight and now I'm sick. God am I angry.
    talkk latr, well wishes all
    tonia d
  3. sean

sean New Member

It's hard to say tonia, whether it is FMS, but I can certainly relate to the things you mention, and I know just how scary it was when I got my first bad flare up. I now know that certain foods cause a bad flare up, just like they seem to in other auto immune diseases, so I would take note of whether your symptoms get worse within an hour of having something to eat.
    I certainly think that food/chemical sensitivity are rife in people that suffer from FMS, and I know from my experience and other peoples on the board, the eating of certain foods can cause a flare up. I used to be able to eat oranges, but I now no they cause a flare up. Try seeing a different doctor, you can't ignore it just in case it is something else.
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

My neuro DX me with estenial tremurs and I take Mysoline for it. Dont know if this is the same thing you have but I get it in my arms and especially my legs which makes me very weak. I have to use a cane to go into stores or hold onto a cart because my legs get so weak and want to give out on me.
    Carla
  5. blast

blast New Member

I have had that happen to me as well. Your legs feel like rubber and that they are going to come out from underneath you. Which, by the way, has actually happened to me before.
    Do you have a cane? If not, have your doctor perscribe one. Most ins. will pay for one. I finally had to get one because I kept falling and hurting myself. Now I know I have protection of a sort when I have to go out.
    Do you take medications/supplements? Maybe they can be a culprit, or maybe you need something to control the pain.
    Just thought I'd try to make some small suggestions.
    Good luck,
    Blast