IT'S BACK.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayfrey, Jul 9, 2003.

1. kayfrey

kayfrey New Member

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a strange smell that only I seem to be able to smell in my nose that my husband says he can't smell. I can't really describe it but it drives me crazy!!!

It comes and goes and it is always the same smell. I want to say it is kind of an electrical mixed with a food smell.
    I know that sounds crazy, but I hope someone else might have the same thing or something like it.

Thanks!!!
    Kayfrey
  2. averilpam

averilpam New Member

as a child I drove my mum crazy because I'd frequently get out of bed complaining I could smell gas, even though she'd reassure me the cooker wasn't leaking and there was no smell!!

I eventually (in recent years) decided it must have been from cattarrh which I suffered from a lot.

These days I still get an odd smell that comes and goes, and I am never sure if it exists outside my nose.
    Pam
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Neurological problems can cause us to smell and taste strange odors and flavors. In some cases, our sensitivity can cause us to be aware of something that no one else is. My daughter can hear things which no one else can. She recently saved her office from catching fire because she could hear the sparking of the wires in the ceiling. She insisited it be investigated even though no one else could hear it. When she visits, I have to disconnect the electronic pest gizmos in the wall because she can hear them.

I often get strange tastes in my mouth or smell strange things. When that happens, I pop 1/4 of a Klonopin tablet under my tongue to stop the misfiring of the neurons in my brain.

Love, Mikie