It's Been 2 Months Since My ALJ Hearing...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Jun 10, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

and I haven't received a decision yet. For those of you who have already been through this, how long after your hearing was it before you received a decision?

Does the length of time it takes determine if you will be approved or denied?
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I had a fully favorable bench decision but it took the full 60 days to get my letter, then an additional 60 days to get my backpay. I wouldn't allow myself to accept my bench decision though because it can be overturned by a review board, so I didn't consider it a victory until the money was in the bank. So for me in was 4 months wait.

I'm in California so it may vary by state and even city due to the backlog in some areas.

Hope you get the outcome you are praying for.
    Sincerely
    JL

Oh and all correspondence I received from the SSA were ALWAYS on Saturdays[This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I had my ALJ hearing in Sept. and it took about a month and one half or two to rec. written confirmation. However, the Judge indicated to me that he was going to recommend that my case be approved. I don't think they express themselves that way on many occassions and probably insert their decision via the mail. It's much "safer" and seemly objective. Don't think your situation is unusual. If you don't hear fairly soon, I'd make an inquiry to your attorney or a call to Soc.Sec worker.

Best wishes,
    MRDAD