Its been a long day!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunnylover, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

I don't post on here often,I just read,but today I need to talk. I have had a bad day with my hip and now the other hip is starting to act the same way. I have pain meds but scared to take them all the time,afraid I might get hooked on them and just add addiction to all the other things that are wrong with me. I go back to my Dr. the 12th and I guess I will have those injections he is asking me to have done.I've read where they work on some but only temporary. I am really on the pity pot today. I use to be so vital and now I just sit here. Noone calls anymore because I can't go out,shop,visit. I've put on weight and need to lose because of my hip but just can't seem to make the effort. I know how to think positive,but the pain 24/7 is reeking havoc on my brain. Oh, well, I've cried enough so I'll post this because just talking or typing takes my mind off the pain. Thanks for listening. Love Terri
  2. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

I don't post on here often,I just read,but today I need to talk. I have had a bad day with my hip and now the other hip is starting to act the same way. I have pain meds but scared to take them all the time,afraid I might get hooked on them and just add addiction to all the other things that are wrong with me. I go back to my Dr. the 12th and I guess I will have those injections he is asking me to have done.I've read where they work on some but only temporary. I am really on the pity pot today. I use to be so vital and now I just sit here. Noone calls anymore because I can't go out,shop,visit. I've put on weight and need to lose because of my hip but just can't seem to make the effort. I know how to think positive,but the pain 24/7 is reeking havoc on my brain. Oh, well, I've cried enough so I'll post this because just talking or typing takes my mind off the pain. Thanks for listening. Love Terri
  3. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Some of the meds need to be taken on a regular basis to work well.
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I also suffer from very bad hip pain. In fact, I'm having a bad spell today. I went up to Chicago yesterday and spent hours walking and standing. Needless to say, my hips just "went out". There are medications you can take that are not narcotics and are not addicting. The one I take is Ultracet (Ultram and Tylenol). I took one this morning and the pain is easing up. I also take Norflex at night - it's a muscle relaxer. The other thing I take is Magnesium - that helps the muscles too. You might also try going to a Physical Therapist. Find one who is "fibro-friendly" - she can help you through a flare and also show you stretching exercises you can do at home. Sitting in a hot bath or whirlpool also helps ease the muscle pain. I let the jet of water go directly on the painful area. If you feel that you are taking control, as opposed to the DD taking control of you, you might begin to feel better, both physically and emotionally!!!!

Annette2 :)

P.S. - I don't know if you can do this, but walking, just a little bit, will also help stretch the hip muscles. I walk on a treadmill.
  5. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi Annette, Thanks for your input. My husband is from Chicago and we lived there for 12 yrs before we came South. Don't know how you stand cold weather. Loved it when I was there but didn't have problems I do now. I do cope with my illness most of the time but yesterday was a bad day. I have been to physical therapy, and it only helped my stiffness. I excersise with the huge ball every day and do some movements therapist gave me. Insurance would only pay for 9 treatments so being on one income throws that for a loop. I am having injections in spine soon. It's supposed to relieve pain so that area can heal. Wish me luck and thanks again. Terri