It's been a long time, but I'm so glad to be here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by this2shallpass, May 22, 2003.

1. this2shallpass

this2shallpass New Member

Hi everyone:)

I've just been reading through tons of posts and I have to say this is the best message board I've ever been to. People without what we share do not and I don't think ever will understand what we go through. No tests to prove it....even doctors telling you it's all in your head.
    I was so grateful to find a wonderful doc finally and I just wanted to say thank you all for being here, sharing and listening. I haven't been doing so good for a while and I get really scared sometimes and have no one to talk to. I'm a 36 yr old widowed mom and I have to put that brave face on every day, hide my pain, my children lost their father, how can I scare them with the thought of losing me? Not that they will, but you know how children think. They know mom's sick, but I keep pluggin', working every day and keeping my faith.
    God Bless You All! I suppose I need to start coming here more often:)
    Sherryl
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't remember if I welcomed you to the board, so just in case I didn't, heres a big welcome for you!

I know what you mean about children, I went through that when mine were young (they are grown now). They did worry about losing me as we were alone too.

But I still here, and so will you be too. One thing we know about this illness, it is not terminal, but it sure feels like it at times.

It is difficult when you have no one that understands how you feel, we all go through that one too. No one that is healthy can understand how FM/CFS are unless they have it.

We are glad to have you here, and hope you come as often as you can.

God's blessings going right back at you!

Shalom, Shirl

3. this2shallpass

Thanks for your kind words and I'll be coming around alot probably! My son leaves in 2 weeks for basic training for the Army. He's 17, he'll be back in 3 months to do his senior year of high school, then he's signed up for 6 years active duty. I am very proud of him, but he's been such a rock for me......he's so mature. I've never been away from him and although I Am very proud of his decision, every day we come closer to him leaving, the sadder I get!
    I know, get over it and let go. We have to let them go.....become adults, but isn't it hard?
    Sherryl
  4. this2shallpass

Good Night:) It's almost 4:00 am....I never sleep, but I need to rest.

Hope to "meet" others soon.
    God Bless

Sherryl
  5. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

As you know , it is not in your head.

I don't have any children and I am single so I can't exactly know where you are coming from, however I am the child of a person with fibro/cfs as well as having it myself.(16 years)
    I feared losing my mom even though my dad was there. As I got older I understood that her illness wasn't life threatening. (I know some people have complications that make it more so, she did not)
    My mom had this since I was 2 (I am 45) and I would not trade her for anyone.
    Just try to reassure your children.
    Your faith will make a big difference in the battle.
    Take care
  6. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

We're glad you found us too!

As you have already found - this board IS wonderful and helps to ease a burden that is very difficult for us all to carry.

But you won't feel so alone now, I can promise you that! Whatever problem you wish to share, there will be someone (usually many people) who have been there, done that, got the T-shirt!!!

see you again soon,
    hugs
    Mary x

[ advertisement ]