It's been a while, but I'm still alive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Dec 21, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd check in. Things have been extremely busy as I am still in nursing school. Only one more semester to get through, and then I will officially be an RN. It's exciting, but I truly hope my body can handle the demands of being a nurse. I guess I just have to trust that I've made it this far, so I can do it if I put my mind to it.

The CFIDS hasn't been too bad, which is surprising considering the amount of stress I've been under. I recently stopped the birth control pill and have found that I do not get debilitating leg pain since being off of it. Coincidence? Maybe, but hey, I'll take it! I haven't had a fever in months, which is great news. And it's not like I'm doing anything differently than I was. I guess for once my body decided to give me a break. I do, however, still get the chills and achiness pretty badly. The fatigue is off and on, mostly on. But, at least the fevers are gone for now.

Hmm, what else. I hurt my toe about two weeks ago. I had a chair fall on it, and it immediately swelled up and turned black and blue. I went to urgent care, where they took x-rays. They said it's not broken, but here I am two weeks later and it still hurts. Not sure why, so if anyone has any ideas, i'd be more than happy to hear. I also had not gotten a period since stopping the birth control pill over two months ago. I called my OBGYN and she immediately sent me for bloodwork. Pregnancy test was negative, but my progesterone level was very low. So, she put me on a high dose of progesterone to "kick start" my period. I just took my last pill tonight, and it seems as if I'm getting a withdrawal bleed. However, the symptoms that come with the pill are not fun...nausea mainly.

The only other thing to report are my vertigo attacks recently. I had it happen twice, the most recent was on monday. I ended up missing work because I could not stand up. I took an antihistamine, which stopped the vertigo in its tracks. But, it left me extremely tired. The vertigo lasted for the entire day. The next day it was gone, but I was left feeling so weak and drained. Now I'm feeling better, but I wake up every morning praying that it doesn't happen again. The first time it happened it was while I was at work. I'm a nurse's aid in the hospital, so I cannot afford to be getting dizzy like this. Yuck!

Well, that's all there is to report. With the holidays coming up, I've been so busy. My son is looking forward to Santa coming, and I just love spending time with my family during the holiday season. I wish everyone a safe, pain-free, and happy holiday!

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

you back to page one.

Welcome back
  3. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I've been scarce too. Not feeling well. Hope you (and me too!) feel better.

((hugs)) Shannon
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Dealing with the "Flare from Heck!"

Good to see you checking in here...Congrats on almost being an RN!

Sorry about the vertigo...I had a period a while back where I was getting it alot! Not fun!

Take care, and have a happy, healthy, holiday!

Suz
  5. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

that you have been able to do relatively normal things...bet it feels great...you should have the dizziness checked out, it could be your blood pressure dropping, you could look into pots..or it could be that you are overdoing it a bit and need to slow down...christmas is hard work when you have cfs...have a wondreful christmas