It's KJades Birthday too!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Oct 26, 2009.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Happy Birthday KJ!,,,I hope you had a wonderful day!,,I used to love getting those handmade cards from the girls!,,,,HUgs all around!,,and kiss the Baby for me!,,,,,,,,sis
  2. springwater

springwater Active Member

Wishing you loads of fun, luck, health and happiness and all the other things you want.

Hope Sydney Rose and all your other cuties are doing good.

God Bless
  3. jole

jole Member

Hope your day is (was) wonderful!!!

Wishing you all the best of life's little miracles..........Jole
  4. kjade

kjade New Member

Thank you so much for the kind Birthday Wishes!!!! That was so sweet of you Sis to start this thread. Thank you!! Y’all are so sweet!
    I was kind of down on my b-day because there is so much fighting going on in my family, that it sort of darkened my b-day, and made me sad. (long story)
    But my children really made my day. Yes, the handmade cards are surely keepsakes. I hang them up on my desk at work, and anytime I feel bad, I just glance at their little handwritten notes, and it puts a smile on my face. They bought me a dozen pink roses, and when they brought them to me, I was in tears, because I had been arguing on the phone with a family member. They excitedly handed me the roses, and told me how much they loved me. It was so sweet. They are simply so adorable, and I know I am raising really great kids. They also bought me this keepsake mother candle that I will treasure forever. And a new watch with pink hearts on it (DS1 picked it out – he said it “fit” me).

I had to work yesterday, so it really just felt like another day. It seems the older I get, the less exciting and special birthdays are. I just feel “older”, I guess.

Thank you also for asking about the baby. She is positively wonderful. I am sure I have said this before, but she has such a calm disposition. It is very calming just to hold her. She stares at me with these big bright eyes – she is so beautiful. And she smiles and laughs a lot. She is such an easy baby. And she has been sleeping through the night (most nights). I hold her sometimes, and just want to cry. She seems to change daily – she just keeps getting bigger and bigger, and I don’t want her to grow up. I know I am so blessed to have her, and my other children. When things are really tough, I just look at them, and I know things will be ok. Know what I mean?

Anyway, can you believe Sydney is 3 months old already? I am already putting away the newborn clothes, and pulling out the 3-6 month sizes. :(
    We are having her Christening this weekend, so things are so very hectic. I am trying to get everything together for the party afterward, and we are preparing for Halloween. Such a busy weekend ahead. My son made the All-Star football team (SO proud of him) and he practices almost every night. We have to squeeze in homework before and after practices – I swear there is just not enough time in the day.

Sydney will be wearing the Christening gown that I wore. This gown is 58 years old. My mother and all of her siblings were baptized in this dress, and all of their children (my cousins) also wore it. So it is very special to me. My mom made a bonnet for my older daughter that she will use as a hankie on her wedding day. But she couldn’t find hankies anywhere to make one for Sydney. So I may use the bonnet that I wore when I was baptized (it is a little yellow though – how can I make it look more white, to match the dress? The dress is ivory. I am afraid to wash the bonnet, since it is sold old and fragile. Any suggestions?)

Wow, well I certainly rambled on and on, didn’t I? lol. But thank you all again….I appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts, so much.

PS: Sisland, have you had your grandchild yet? She should be due very soon, right?
  5. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Aren't October B-Days just the BEST!!!

Every birthday means: We won another round in this "game" (battle?) of life!!!!!

& this time next year, we'll be wishing each other Happy Birthdays again!!!

B-Day HUGZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm glad you had a great birthday!,,,,a dozen pink roses sounds wonderful!!,,,,,There's nothin' like the love of your childern!,,i'm so glad that baby Sydney is a really good baby!,,,,,see she's a blessing for you!,,,

I was thinking if you soak the bonnet in some really warm water and then just add a little bit of clorox to it and let it sit for a few minutes ,,,,then rinse it with some cool water and lay it flat to dry or hang it up to dry ,,,,,that should help brighten it up for you for baptism day!,,,,,,It so neat that the gown has been passed down over the years..,,,,

My daughter that's having the baby just called and said the ultrasound turned out good!,,,,The Baby (aka),,,Braiden,,,,is in place and ready to be born!,,,,Yea i can't wait!,,,,he was laying breech until just a few days ago,,,,he's due on the 2nd of Nov,,,so it's getting very close,,,Very Exciteing!,,,,,HUgs!,,,to you and all the kids!,,,S
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is late. So much going on plus this new computer , etc. Running around all day. Just got on the computer and have to leave for practice soon..

Have to run now. Hope you had a great day . My you have many more wonderful ones to come too.

8. victoria

victoria New Member

Best wishes and Happy Birthday to all of you!!!! and everyone for this past month and next...

9. kjade

kjade New Member

...everybody! I hope this year will be a great year. I called this psychic on my birthday (she does a radio show, and I love her. She has always been pretty accurate when she answers my questions, so we'll see). I asked her what the next year would be like for me. She said scorpios are going to have very prosperous days ahead this year. She told me my finances are going to improve significantly (fingers crossed), but that I need to keep more details of my life private, because she senses a lot of envious people around me. Hmmm....
    So that sounds promising!

Thanks for the tips Sis about the bonnet, I am going to try that. Good luck with the new grandbaby!! I know this time must be so exiciting for you! This is your 1st grandchild, right? I hope all goes well for her. Can't wait to hear all about it!! (and I love that name!)
  10. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Sorry I am late to this post, so a very Happy Birthday Belated!

You are very busy--but happy busy! I miss my girls so much, grown and away at school; savor every moment with your brood!! You have a super-crazy week ahead, but it's all good. I would love to see a pic of Sydney in your gown; if you could post a photo that would be so great.

My mom has had good luck with a product called Bluette to whiten yellowed linens also.

Enjoy all that life has given you and remember--Heaven in your hat!!