its like they dont care or something

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abghotie, Feb 16, 2007.

1. abghotie

abghotie New Member

its like my school doesnt care or they want me to give up they think mymom and i are making this up. im sick of this and them not understanding. i dont no wat to do i have to give them all my medical records on tuesday.
    someone help or give me hope.
    kaylee<3
  2. spacee

spacee Member

My experience has been the same as yours. It wasn't with CFS or FM but if a student didn't fall in the "mainstream", they did NOT want to bother with it.

Has your mom talked to someone at the school board about it? They should have a special department for kids with disabilities. If you can get them to tell your school what they HAVE to do for you, then something might happen for the good. They should put it in writing.

Hugs to you.

Spacee
  3. larryh

larryh New Member

I have one son who struggled in school for different reasons. It was not until my wife got in everyones faces at school demanding better treatment and an equal chance that he was treated fairly. Your mom can have a big influence on how things go for you if she can get people to listen to her.

Larry
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Having been a teacher for 17 years, I can tell you there is a plan called the 504 plan that your parents can have you put on. It can be tailored to your needs (extra time for assignments, modifications that may be needed, etc.) To get on this plan, your parents have to contact school personnel and meet with them . You will need a doctor's note detailing your condition. Once the plan goes into effect, it stays with you through your school years and can be modified or discontinued at any time.
    Best of luck...
    Mini