It's Me Again!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Sep 18, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hey everybody

Haven't posted in a while. Just thought I'd stop and whine a little. Dear hubby is in Dallas now, so that helps some with the depression. Don't have him sitting around all evening ignoring my pain and discussing his most FAVORITE topic, his job.

Those of you who do have family that support you, I am extremely jealous. Fighing with a 12 yo to get his homework done and behave in class, while attempting to keep the health dept. from condemning my home, and in the process of finding movers, I'm ready to jump off the refridgerator! Good thing it's NOT cleaned off! We are moving to a very small town, and I told my Dr. that my biggest fear is finding a doctor who believes that Aspirin is the NEW MODERN MEDICAL CURE! What a scary thought! I have found out that Fort Worth is only going to be about 45 mins away, so once I learn my way around, it won't be so bad.

One tip I can pass on. If you chalk a siloette of a body in the middle of the living room floor and put police tape across the door, the health department CAN'T come in! =)

I think the depression from FM is about the worst. That and the constant headaches. Dr. says headaches are from stress and I need to try and reduce the stress in my life. But he also says that I CAN'T do away with hubby and son!

REDUCE STRESS! Sure, no problem, right? Anyway, with the Zoloft, Zanaflex, B-Complex, Magnesium (?), and Firinol (?) for headaches, you would think I should be a walking zombie. But NO, not me. I still have to get up at 5 every morning so that I can get the little monster up and out the door. It's amazing to me just how many times a person can wake during the night and look at the clock. Last night (with the help of Restaril) I counted 6 times.

I, now, also understand the TRUE meaning of "crawling out of bed". We who suffer with this DDDDDD disease use that term literally, don't we? I know that it's all I can do to get to the coffee pot! AH, the substance of life! Gas for my go.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope everybody is okay or getting that way. Well, maybe I should say, hope everybody is functioning!

Smiles and (((((((hugs))))))) to all
    Kathy

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2002]
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Hey everybody

Haven't posted in a while. Just thought I'd stop and whine a little. Dear hubby is in Dallas now, so that helps some with the depression. Don't have him sitting around all evening ignoring my pain and discussing his most FAVORITE topic, his job.

Those of you who do have family that support you, I am extremely jealous. Fighing with a 12 yo to get his homework done and behave in class, while attempting to keep the health dept. from condemning my home, and in the process of finding movers, I'm ready to jump off the refridgerator! Good thing it's NOT cleaned off! We are moving to a very small town, and I told my Dr. that my biggest fear is finding a doctor who believes that Aspirin is the NEW MODERN MEDICAL CURE! What a scary thought! I have found out that Fort Worth is only going to be about 45 mins away, so once I learn my way around, it won't be so bad.

One tip I can pass on. If you chalk a siloette of a body in the middle of the living room floor and put police tape across the door, the health department CAN'T come in! =)

I think the depression from FM is about the worst. That and the constant headaches. Dr. says headaches are from stress and I need to try and reduce the stress in my life. But he also says that I CAN'T do away with hubby and son!

REDUCE STRESS! Sure, no problem, right? Anyway, with the Zoloft, Zanaflex, B-Complex, Magnesium (?), and Firinol (?) for headaches, you would think I should be a walking zombie. But NO, not me. I still have to get up at 5 every morning so that I can get the little monster up and out the door. It's amazing to me just how many times a person can wake during the night and look at the clock. Last night (with the help of Restaril) I counted 6 times.

I, now, also understand the TRUE meaning of "crawling out of bed". We who suffer with this DDDDDD disease use that term literally, don't we? I know that it's all I can do to get to the coffee pot! AH, the substance of life! Gas for my go.

Anyway, just wanted to check in. Hope everybody is okay or getting that way. Well, maybe I should say, hope everybody is functioning!

Smiles and (((((((hugs))))))) to all
    Kathy

[This Message was Edited on 09/19/2002]
  3. Hidn

Hidn New Member

Kathy,
    First of all Dont jump off the fridge! It can tip over and all those rotten leftovers fall out and make SUCH a mess! Dont ask me how I know this lol
    Second of all you are not alone! I have been up since 1:30, fell asleep at 5:15 and woke up again at 6:30. I dont remember what it is like to sleep a whole night, but I bet I would miss them if I did.
    As far as your hubby and child, smile sweetly at them, maybe they will go away..(only to mutter "has she lost her mind?) but who cares why they go?
    Isnt depression and pain a wonderful thing? NOT!
    Hang in there and (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))
    Denise