it's my 10 year anniversary

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

today..July 4th and my husband wants to go out and have a really nice dinner...however it has been raining here all day and I have been in the most terrible pain in the back of my neck as well as my jaw.. I can not not go out..I mean it's our 10 year Anniversary!!!!

Love to all, Ann
  2. bandmom90

bandmom90 New Member

Sorry about the pain your having today. I have an idea that my husband and I have done before(married 24yrs). Maybe your 2 older boys could stay with friends tonight and if your youngest has a friend to stay with that would help.

If you can clear the house maybe you and your husband can fix your favorite meal together and than have a nice quiet candle light dinner for two.

Oh and if your youngest doesn't have any place to go then put him to bed and have a late dinner.

Hope this helps. Sometimes I just grin and bear it. It's hard, but you'll only have one 10th anniversary.

Take care and gentle{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}
  3. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Congradulations Ann + you too Linda. It's wonderful that you two have good men in your life and have gone this far. We celebrated our 30th this year with a very quiet evening at home too. I know you're both feeling let down that things aren't allowing you to celebrate in a big way. I totaly understand this. The important thing is that you both share this special time with your hubbies. That's all you need in the long run is the abiding love you share with him one on one. Anything beyond that is icing on your wedding cake. God Bless you,

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

That's great! Contgratulations!

I'm sorry that you are not well enough to go out. Probly worn out from being married so long! LOL.

I hope you feel better soon and can do something special with your husband. It sucks that we can't plan the days we feel yucky. It really interferes with life's special moments!!

5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

We did go out for Dinner and we went to a nice restaurant in the falls..our table was right at the window and we had a really beautiful view of Niagara Falls..very expensive dinner but again we only get to celebrate our 10th once.. the only problem I had was the eating just because of my TMJ really acting up..wish the rain would stop.

Linda, Happy belated Anniversary to you too.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 07/05/2007]
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I wrote a post and then read that you had actually managed to get out. Good for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed a nice dinner with your hubby.

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Glad you got to celebrate! Our anniversary (7th...second marriage for both) was on Sunday. I had the flu and we were driving back from Chico..

Still feel awful, but trying to do some things.

My sweetie asked if I wanted to go out to dinner, but one look at my white face answered that question!

Hooray for you. I know my husband is the greatest and this last seven years have been good in spite of life's uncertainies.

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2007]
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Dear Anne,

So glad that you got to go out for your anniversary. Yes, sometimes we have to do things even when we feel like ---- and glad that you enjoyed it ( all things considered). I also have FM and CMPS and have lots of pain. You are about the age of our 3rd daughter. It is great that you have a supportive husband now. That is so important.

My husband tries to be and we have been married almost 46 years. Can you believe that I finally got dxed about 1 year ago and have had all this stuff for probably over 25 years?? However, how can any know how one really feels except for someone on this board who has alot of the same symptoms and problems. Pain all the time is not something
    that most people understand AT ALL!!!

I just go out and do what I need to do most of the time and sing in some groups which is my therapy. Right now we are on summer break so that is a good thing.

Do what you can and try to have a positive outlook as much as possible, even if sometimes it is hard to do so. Of course you may have times you just cannot do whatever but getting out many times is a good thing psychologically, if you know what I mean.

Again a very Happy 10th Anniversary !!

Lots of hugs and blessings,

Granni (Marilyn)