It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CdnGirl, Aug 25, 2003.

1. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

I don't usually post messages, I tend to read everyone elses. So here it goes.

Today is my birthday and I woke up stiffer than usual, completely off balance(more than usual), sores on my tongue, lower (than usual) blood pressure and just plain feeling like crap. Of all days! So I put on a smile for my kids and husband, went to work for 4 hours, came home (without the kids or husband) and slept for 2 hours. Then went to the Dr's to hear I have picked up a virus. Great. So I put on a happy face, picked up the kids, waited for the hubby to come home and went out to dinner. Now that the kids are in bed, I have collapsed on the reclining couch, turned on my massager and posted this whiney message. Happy Birthday to Me!

Just needed to vent. Tomorrow will be brighter and better I'm sure.

Thanks for reading.
  2. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

JUST WANT TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, AND I WANTED ALSO TO SAY I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL. I ALSO GET A LOT OF VIRUSES AND ALWAYS HAVE SORES ON MY TONGUE, AND HAVE ALOT OF THROAT INFECTIONS WHERE AS THEY ARE SO BAD I DO NOT TALK FOR DAYS. THEN I AM BED-RIDDEN, AND THE CRONIC FATIGUE SETS IN WITH THE FIBRO FOG, I AM UNABLE TO EVEN LIFT MY ARMS TO WASH MY HAIR. THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING, IT HAS CHANGED MY WHOLE LIFE, AND MY WHOLE WAY OF THINKING. I NEVER MAKE PLANS ANYMORE WITH MY KIDS, OR MY HUSBAND, AS I NEVER KNOW I WILL FEEL. I OFTEN FEEL SO GUILTY FOR THIS, AS I KNOW THEY REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I AM SURE THEY GET FED UP LISTENING TO ME COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL MY ACHES AND PAINS. I ALSO GET SO CRANKY AND IRRITABLE, SO MUCH, I HATE TO BE AROUND ME. ANYWAYS WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME, AND TRY TO FOCUS ON OUR GOOD MOMENTS AND NOT OUR BAD ONES, WHICH IS SOMETIMES HARD, I KNOW.................HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN ...............SHARON
  3. libra55

libra55 New Member

I'm sorry you're ill on your birthday, but I think the suggestion to have your birthday on another day when you feel more up to it is right on target. We did this with Christmas one year, when I woke up with a flare and could not even take my head off the pillow let alone cook Christmas dinner. We let the kids open gifts and rescheduled the rest of Christmas for a later time. Worked great!

I hope you will feel better very soon.

Michelle
  4. wildzootv

wildzootv New Member

Your a real trooper putting on a smiling face! I wish you well and for better days.
  5. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Happy Birthday
    I demand you buy yourself flowers, eat chocolate and watch a great video
    mitch
    [This Message was Edited on 08/26/2003]
  6. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Happy Birthday, sweetie!
  7. tedebear

tedebear New Member

What a bummer eh?
    Get dressed, go out and get a piece of cake or pie, or sundae and celebrate when you are up to it.
    Again.....Happy B-day!!!!!!
    Soft teddy hugs.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This cruel illness won't even spare us on our birthdays sometimes. Happy Birthday.

Love, Mikie
  9. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

Sorry you are having a rough day, but Best wishes all the same and I hope tommorrow is better for you. My birthday was bad also back in April, Have a BIG chunk of cake,

CHRISSY XX
  10. CdnGirl

CdnGirl New Member

Appreciated.

I am very grateful for all the kind words that came my way on my birthday. This board is truly a godsend.

I'm yet to come out of this flare up but I refuse to give in.

Thanks again everyone!

Kelly 8)
  11. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

Too bad your actual birth day was such a bummer for you. I think that all the suggestions to have a celebration when you are doing better is a grand idea! Doesn't the "unbirthday" idea come from Alice In Wonderland?