It's my birthday and I'm down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mitch123, Jul 31, 2003.

1. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I have been trying anti- depressants for six months to no avail, they work for a while then stop. I have been taking wuchaseng a chinese herb to help with depression but it isn't strong enough. I'm just looking for some encouragement or caring because I'm feeling lowly. I turned 28 today and there doesn't seem much to celebrate, although I have alot to be thankful for it is tough with CFS.
    mitch
  2. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

Happy Birthday Mitch. It's so difficult to feel like celebrating anything when you feel so down.

Has your doctor tried a combination of anti-depressants? I was on one last fall that I had been on for years and years (and it worked just fine) and all of a sudden I fell into a depression. My doctor added a second anti-depressant medication and within a relatively short period of time, my mood was elevated.

I also have CFS and I understand your frustration.
  3. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Mitch
    Sorry you aren't feeling well I have gone through so many anti-depressants too. Effexor is working for me, I hope. Chin up ! I know so many days are hard, i have pity parties.
    Remember we can only take one day at a time. I hope you feel better, my friend. Teri
  4. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

I'm so sorry that you are so depressed on your birthday. You just got some great advice about counseling and your meds. There's nothing more to add except....here's wishing you a very happy birthday!! My gift is a big hug...ready?? ((((((((((Mitch)))))))))))
    Hope you get some relief soon. Take care.
    Alicia
  5. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Mitch,

Happy Birthday! Wow, the big 2-8! I'm 25 and it feels like the years are flying by!

I'm sorry that you are depressed and lonely. Do you have any friends or family around you to hang out with? The best thing to do, is distract yourself. Since its your B-day, spoil yourself. Get your favorite dinner and dessert, watch a funny upbeat movie, or whatever makes you happy!

Please know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! Many of us are going through heavy depression. The best thing is to talk about things. Open up and let it all out. Write a long post and vent vent VENT!!!! It always makes me feel better!

I hope this helped a little. And I hope that you can find some happiness today. Keep us posted on how you are doing, OK? Smile Smile Smile!!!! :)

Big Hugs,
    Kathryn
  6. imagin

imagin New Member

First of all, happy birthday!!! and i'm so sorry you're feeling down! don't give up! remember, everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end! :) here's a birthday hug ***(((mitch)))***
    -kristi
  7. spmary

spmary New Member

HI Mitch..I'm so sorry you feel so rotten on your birthday. Abirthday is the most important day in the year .In my family, just my Mother and brother and myself, each of us were treated like a queen or king for the day. We got breakfast in bed, crumbs and all, then we got to plan the nearest Sat. as to menus,celebrations etc. I'm 73, and my daughter had to tell me when I was about 60 that no one in my family had lived to be 65. I'll tell you I was pretty nervous the year I was 64. If you lived near me in Va., I would treat you like a king for the day.
    So guess I'll just have to join in all the others in wishing you a wonderful day. Love, Mary
  8. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you, everybody your so cool and nice.
    You have brightened my day in a wonderful way (chessy but true!)
    If I drunk alcohol maybe this would be a good idea!

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor
    Thanks
    mitch
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

You're younger than my youngest son who turned 31 on the 24th of July--HIS birthdays as his brothers make me depressd, ohhhhhhh to be young again. Take care, hope you do better. Fondly, June
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Happy Birthday! I'm hoping the next one will be better; this is a quirky illness, with strange ups & downs, you have to keep trying (like we all do) to find the right combination, be it drugs or vitamins or herbs, etc. that seems to help. Keep looking, because a lot of us have found some things that DO seem to help. You have people here that understand the depression & how low this illness can make you feel. You will always have understanding friends here!

Birthday Hugs,
    Pam
  11. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birtday Dear Mitch
    Happy Birthday to you.

Just wanting to add my wishes to the others. Taken a bit longer to get there as I had to send them from Oz'. Love Ozgran
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2003]
  12. moosefollower

moosefollower New Member

i wish you a happy birthday even though you feel like not celebrating...i too have experienced that feeling of not being connected: this DD takes so many tolls on us....know that someone in Maine is thinking of you today! Today is my brothers birthday too!!!
  13. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I have CFS too and can relate.

May your next year bring you many unexpected pleasant surprises and improved health!

Hang in there!

jen F
  14. gail3942

gail3942 New Member

Mitch,
    i just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Keep the faith.
    Gail3942
  15. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

Thank you fellow friends for replying so generously, my heart felt thanks.
    I went out to dinner with my mum and dad and although i was down it was great to be with people I love.
    mitch
  16. cma331

cma331 New Member

Mitch.........
    Want to be among your many friends to wish you a Happy Birthday!!! I too; have CFS; and know what a DD it is.....
    ((((((((Soft Hugs for you.))))))))))
    Carole
  17. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

Being 28 and in pain is tough, i know.. But- you are having another birthday :) Celebrate your strengths, I wish you wellness and laughter!

shoshi