It's my birthday and my anorexic twin's too...bitter sweet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Sep 23, 2008.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

I can't stop thinking about my anorexic identical twin sister b/c it is our birthday today. We are 36.

I suffer from FMS. I was bedridden until I got on Subutex. My twin suffers from anorexia. She is so controlling that she monitors what drugs I take. I lie to her ("No new drugs, Nicole, please leave me alone.") We live 45 minutes away. We have 2 very different lives. Is being over-controlling anorexic behavior?

gentle hugs,
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2008]
  2. baanders

baanders New Member

for wishing me a happy birthday.

Hugs and kisses,
  3. baanders

baanders New Member

for my anorexic twin sister.

4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Happy Birthady to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday Dear Becca,
    Happy Birthday to you!

You can now blow out the candles and make a wish! And I hope it comes true!

Your Friend,
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Happy birthday to you and your sister!

I have identical 36-year-old twin sons, so have a soft spot for twins. One lives in Texas and the other in Memphis (and I'm in California) so don't see them and their families nearly as often as I would like to.

That is sort of rough, having to conceal what's really going on from your sister and dealing with her anorexia. But it must be nice too, having her not so far away - bittersweet, like you said --

Best wishes to both of you!

6. baanders

baanders New Member

hugs back go you.

I made a wish!
    I hope you all get better!

7. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Becca!

Happy Happy Birthday to you and your sister...

I wish you both a wonderful and happy year - full of joy and good surprises and healings!

God Bless,

8. jmq

jmq New Member

to both of you...

Wishing you well..

9. spacee

spacee Member

I have an identical twin too!

Your question about control being associated with anorexia, I would say is true. I do agree that it is a complex problem. However, one of my darling daughter in law has struggeled with anorexia. She is now a psychiatric nurse (PA)

She does better now (age 31) than her teens but she and my son lived in England for about a year. There she could not get the foods she would eat and lost down to 105. She is very open about it and says (for her) it was about controlling what she ate.

For others, it could be other things.

I hope your twin is able to let go of at least some of her control. It is a very hard thing to watch someone with this disorder.

Birthday Hugs...