It's Raining and I Hurt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Apr 3, 2006.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

The weather has been good to me, no rain lately.

But, this morning it was pouring, and guess what, I am in pain again.

I need to move somewhere where it doesn't rain and is always warm but can't right now.

Does this affect any of you this way?
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Well, we have not been having good weather lately - I think this is our 28th day of rain! But yes, it makes me hurt too!

Take care,

Leanne
  3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm greatly affected by the rain but it's the build-up to rain that I find most painful. Once the clouds burst, it's a huge relief for me because the pain begins to subside. Take good care. a.t.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm a platinum card member.

raining here today here too. I don't just hurt, but feel worse from allergies and fluey when It gets really damp. I think those of us who lean to the FM side of the syndrome get much worse in damp weather. It's a trademark of rheumatic disease.

I'll be trying a homeopathic that specializes in rheumatic pain that gets worse in damp weather. It's called Rhododendronheel, and is in the same class as Traumeel homeopathics and closely related. I use Traumeel cream and arnica gel which help so much, and super quickly for topical pain relief. I'll be sure to keep you posted on how the Rhododendronheel works for me. Just waiting to get it via mail.

Jeanne
  5. scruffysmom

scruffysmom New Member

Dear Luv: I always wondered if everyone else hasthis problem with the humidity too??? That's what I love about this message board, there's always someone with your problems and they KNOW what it feels like. Like you, I moved to another state, Tennessee, cause it was warmer. But the humidity was terrible and I felt horrible most of the time, except winter was okay. I feel just as bad here in Minnesota, and even in drier Arizona. That also had not effect on the pain either. Go Figure?????
    Hope you rest with the pain exacerbation and feel better.
    your partner in rain pain.
    scruffysmom
  6. daylight

daylight New Member

I live in sunny So Cal?????? My body is throbbing. I know that we need the rain but..... just how much is neccesary?

However the heat makes me swell and hurt too. Can't win just have to live and love life.

D.
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

love2float:
    Big time for me, especially if I have to go out in it.
    Stay dry!
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and I haven't managed to get out of bed yet,but I am so much better most of the time than I was in Tennesse.I really look forward to summer.I'm sorry if I'm sounding too cheery,but I'm one of those glass half full people,Linda
  9. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I woke up this morning exhausted and hurting all over. Yup, it's raining here today. But I also did some yard work yesterday, so who knows why I'm hurting (weather? yardwork?). I also take a week to get used to the spring and fall time changes.

I find there are always several reasons why I could be tired or aching. So there's no easy way to figure out why I hurt or am exhausted. Just call us the Fibromyalgia Detectives!
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I live on the coast in Northern California and we have had about 52" of rain this year already and the next week is forcasted to bring more. I hurt, period.

This amount is way over our normal, and we usually have a good amount of rain....but this?!

Ugly.

Hope you are all feeling better soon, and that spring takes a stand pretty soon and boots out winter for the year.

Sue