IV antibiotics Zithromax???

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Truesun, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Truesun

Truesun New Member

Hi everyone, I have been reading through the posts looking for others who have done the IV antibiotic treatment for Lyme. I am lying here hooked up on my fourth day and would like to hear of others experiences. I am not finding many that have been treated this way and am wondering why? Thanks Truesun
  2. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I have not tryed them, but I wish my doc. would have chosen
    that route for me, oral antibiotics are so hard on my stomach. How long are you on IVs for? My friend went this route and recovered alot faster than I am. I hope it works well for you. Sandie
  3. Truesun

Truesun New Member

Hello, The doctor has ordered six weeks of zithromax and then we will evaluate whether we need to continue IV treatment or not. Had a really bad day today. Confused, light headed, and just overall malaise. The yeast is loving this. I am taking Diflucan and probiotics and still can't keep it knocked down. I would still like to know of anyone who is using the zithromax or IVS. I'm new to this and neither of these choices seem very popular.
    Truesun
  4. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Ive heard of alot of others using oral Zith. and did well with it, that was my llmds first choice for me, but my crappy insurance would only pay for 12 days of it. As far as you feeling bad, it sounds like your starting to herx.
    The hard part of healing from lyme is you'll feel worse before you start to feel better. Good Luck with your treatment. Sandie