IV at FFC: Glycyrrhiza antiviral with Glutathione push

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hopeful4, Oct 7, 2005.

1. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Yesterday I went to the FFC for their antiviral IV therapy. I was concerned about having a negative reaction as I had a bad experience in the past, not at the FFC.

So, everything went great. No adverse reaction. The Glycyrrhiza (licorice) has beneficial effects on the endocrine system, the adrenal glands and the liver. It's an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-fungal.

Glutathione supports the immune system, is an anti-oxidant, supports the nervous and endocrine systems, helps with detoxification.

I know that just one IV won't do much in the long run. I wanted to find out how I would react to it. Since I can't afford weekly IV's, I'm not sure where I'll go with this yet.

Also, waiting on lab results to see what's left of candida in my body.

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Everything went great, so that should be encouraging. I'm sure the IV's are expensive so I hope if they are very helpful, you are able to bet them on a semi-regulat basis.

So good to hear good news.

Sue
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Is an excellent anti-viral and has some impressive studies behind it in the treatment of hepatitis B and C .. the studies were done with IV therapy.

It also has shown very promising results in HIV studies. Has been shown to be an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-allergen too.

Those with high blood pressure or on digitalis need to be careful, or make sure doctor knows about it as licorice can cause sodium retention. People with kidney failure need to be careful too.

Glutithione is about as good as it gets ... specially in IV form. (The best form orally is through whey protein concentrate).

If you have high viral activity this is a great treatment option. I'm glad it went well for you.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Thank you for the support, and for the extra information on the ingredients.

There's somethine I don't quite understand about the glutathione. I've been taking whey protein for over 2 years, daily, in a shake. I think it's a good quality. So then, why do I also need it IV?

Another thing is that I do not have any viral infections. Just the systemic candida. So again, unsure how the IV will be of more help.

Thanks again.
    Be well,
    Hopeful4
  5. elsa

elsa New Member

That's a good question. If I remember correctly, you've been going to the FFC Cleveland for a while, right?

If it were me I'd tell your doc what you just shared with us.For someone that doesn't have viral activity, I'm not seeing why you need the licorice.

With your good quality whey protein, you probably don't "need" the glutithione, but receiving the push might not be a bad idea. Specially since we are heading into winter and the gross bug/flu season.

Glutithione, as I'm sure you know already, is the granddaddy of anti-oxidents.

My sister goes to one of the FFC's for bio-identical HRT. When she is there she gets the IV with mainly b-complex, b-12, etc . Does this one ring any bells? It's for energy and her's follows with a glutithione push as well.

If you don't already get this one, maybe you can trade out IV's so to speak and still receive that push.

Or maybe not, LOL. I'm sure they are costly and it's obvious you are on the ball where your treatment is concerned. That might could be money well saved.

Take care,

Elsa
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

I've not had a glutathione IV but I did have vit C IVs some years ago; they were much more effective than relying on just oral vit C. These vit C IVs were a part of a more extensive protocol I was on at the time, together they led to a marked improvement which lasted for some time.

Maybe it's the instant delivery of high levels of these agents that makes them more effective, especially with something like glutathione.

Low blood volume has been documented in ME/CFS. IVs increase blood volume for a short time; on it's own this can make us feel better, I used to describe my vit C IVs as an instant tonic. Could it be that increasing blood volume as well, even if it's only temporary, assists better body wide delivery of the contents of any IV we're given?

love, Tansy[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2005]
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Elsa:
    Yes, I will talk to the DR. about this IV. What happened is that I started at the Cleveland FFC, and am now most likely going to switch to the Seattle one which I live near but it just recently opened.

As for the other IV, I can't handle the vitamins well delivered this way, or for that matter in shots. The B12 doesn't help me, and the vitamin "mix" gives me a negative reaction.

Tansy:
    You bring up some ideas to consider, as always. I have not heard of the blood volume idea previously, but it does sound like a possibility.

Thanks, Elsa and Tansy, for your input.
    Have a happy day.
    Hopeful4