IV Vit. C for Viral Infections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sceptical, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

There are some promising clinical researches with high dosage VitC IV in viral diseases like herpes, HepC and HIV in Germany. Patients received cca 25 g !! IV VitC which substantially
    reduced oxidative stress (PASCOE Pharm, Prap GmbH) and viral load. Has everyone tried it out?

I do not wanna burn my hands again such as with glutathione depletion/methylation cycle block theory and stuff.
  2. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I believe they're onto something, with a few exceptions.

Vit C has been known to kill warts,

However, there is a preserving substance in ice cream that was known to protect mice from getting HIV.

So, combine the two and we may have our cure? Or maybe not... maybe just sherbert or shaved orange peels on ice cream, or potatoe ice cream.

Fight :)
  3. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Yes, I did try Vit C IV. I was doing 50G twice a week for about 6 months and then went down to once a week. It did not bring down my numbers at all. They were pretty intense and I usually felt worse for 3-4 days.

I now do them once and a while. I only do 10G with a B complex mix. Those I usually feel pretty good afterwards, but it hasn't done anything for my viral numbers.
  4. Sceptical

Sceptical New Member

I am sad to hear it. Anyway thanks for sharing your experiences.

Take care,
  5. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Carrageenancar·ra·geen·an or car·ra·geen·in
    Any of a group of closely related colloids derived from several red algae, widely used as a thickening, stabilizing, emulsifying, or suspending agent in pharmaceuticals.

Carraguard is made from carrageenan, a seaweed derivative that is on the US Food and Drug Administration's list of products "Generally Recognized As Safe Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) is a United States of America Food and Drug Administration (FDA) designation that a chemical or substance added to food is considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food " for consumption and topical application. Carrageenan has been used for decades as a thickening agent in many products, including infant formula, soups, and ice cream.

Laboratory research has shown Carraguard to be effective in blocking cells from becoming infected by HIV and human papillomavirus and in protecting mice from herpes simplex infection. Carraguard and similar carrageenan formulations had undergone extensive safety testing involving more than 850 women and men in earlier clinical trials in Australia, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Finland, South Africa, Thailand, and the United States.

Fight :)