IV VIT C - (WAMPS?) ANYone TRY IT for ANYthing at all recently??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by victoria, Jun 23, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I posted a few years ago asking the same question...

No one reported 'cures', but after re-reading my old post and the replies, I'm also wondering what dosages were used by others (and if they were high enough) as many reported feeling better at least. There has been almost no discussion since then about it.

It is certainly an alternative medicine protocol, and so many have been talked about here --

SO I'm asking again if anyone has tried it for any disease or for CF/FM, or knows anyone who has and how successful it is/was.

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  2. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

bump - I am interested in this too, because I am considering having a course.
  3. housatonicman

housatonicman New Member

I have a friend who had it used for Lyme's with her 19 year old daughter and got excellent results. The girl had Lyme's since she was 3.

I have also heard of some not doing too well with it. Ahhh...conflicting evidence.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

bumping for more responses....

seems like with so many of our problems, there is no magic silver bullet, so hearing that some with Lyme got definite results (not just 'felt better) when not doing well with the abx protocols is nice to hear!

Hope some more will respond...

Victoria

5. victoria

victoria New Member

......again...................
  6. patarogers123

patarogers123 New Member

Can anyone tell me what bumping means?
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

There has to be some one(s) out there who have done this...

unless they mostly got well and didn't come back?

Victoria

8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

for my son, but he does take C everyday....I give him 1000 mg. I should probably do 1000 again at night, but we usually forget. For me, I take C everyday too and have only had a slight cold all year. If I feel one could be coming on, I take 1000 mg., and that usually knocks it right out. It has really kept me well.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

ALASKA - thanks for replying... I have taken oral vit. C but in larger quantities, have always felt it helped to fight off the flu. It's interesting that one of the protocols that has helped some chronic Lyme people is a salt & Vitamin C protocol that requires 12 grams of C in 3-4 doses/day. There's been a lot of good research about C.

WAMPS - Thanks for helping to keep this bumped... but now I'm curious -- what was your experience with IV vitamin C???

And TWINOFDAR - did you talk to your doctor yet? -- OOPS I came back to edit after I realized the date you posted... would love to hear what he says tho when you do see him next week.

Thanks again!
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 06/27/2006]
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

wamps and everyone...

thanks!

11. victoria

victoria New Member

wondering, are you going to or have you had any IV vitamin C for lyme, or anything else?

And bumping in case there's somebody here who wasn't before when I posted this...

Thanks,
    Victoria

12. victoria

victoria New Member

for the bumps!

=)
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

was probably the most obviously beneficial treatment I have had over the years.

The IVs were given along side other treatments and seemed to make them more effective.

The intial effect was like an instant tonic, no doubt because it raised my blood volume. The benefits increased during the course of treatments; they resulted in my feeling more well than I had before or since.

I enjoyed the improvements these IVs brought about for many months, I was not symptom free, but was able to function at a higher level without the usual paybacks.

The doctor who administered these IVs moved to another part of the country; so I was not able to repeat them. He charged far less than most doctors do, so enabling me to see if they would help. If there were someone nearer to where I live, and who charged affordable fees, I would gladly have another course of IV vit C.

Take care
    Tansy
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

I wonder if the IV vit. C was killing off some bug(s)... ?

Interestingly my son, who has chronic Lyme (tests pos. even according to CDC standards), is trying the salt and vit. C orally while he is off medications right now, and seems to be herxing.

Do you know how many mg or grams you were getting in each IV, and what else was in them? It would be interesting to know if it was more like a Myer's Cocktail or what...

Thanks,
    Victoria

15. tansy

tansy New Member

I had more benefits from IV vit C than its just being used as an antimicrobial, amazingly the die off symptoms were more tolerable than those I’ve had since. I was already having IM Mg. I have a history of severe allergic reactions, the worst and most rapid (anaphylactic shock) were reactions from agents given intravenously, so this doctor did not want to take any unnecessary risks.

These IVs were given to me in 1990, my dose was 50g. I was just one of many who did well on them, yet very few patients are provided with this treatment even for cancer. There’s no patent on vit C

C.Lewis Mehl-Madrona, M.D., Ph.D.

In support of a molecular explanation of the perceived clinical benefit reported by patients who receive intravenous vitamin infusions, especially vitamin C, beneficial changes in erythrocyte ATP/ADP ratios after infusion have been reported. The effect was to normalize the ratio. Low ratios increased, and high ratios decreased. Control subjects were unaffected and the results were statistically significant.

From the behealthyamerica website

"During Intravenous Vitamin C Therapy, high doses of Vitamin C are introduced into the blood stream. Research indicates that increasing Vitamin C levels can lead to anabolic processes, organ function improvement, and immune system enhancement."

There’s lots of info on vitamin C at http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com, there is no commercial interest so posting this link should be OK.

One of this website's articles mentions the book, *Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C,* written by Drs. Steve Hickey and Hilary Roberts, University of Manchester graduates in pharmacology in England.

“The book exposes the many flaws involved in the establishment of the Recommended Daily Allowance for vitamin C, and the revelations are alarming. Millions of people could have delayed or avoided health problems such as cataracts, cancer, blood vessel disease, aneurysms, gall stones and more had NIH researchers properly conducted tests to determine the human need for vitamin C."

TC, Tansy

16. tansy

tansy New Member

I had my vit c via a saline drip and which took about an hour. The more IVs I had the more I seemed to benefit from them.

TC Tansy

17. victoria

victoria New Member

Cat, let us know how you feel after Friday's IV?

Thanks,
    Victoria
  18. victoria

victoria New Member

I know I had a urine provocation test for mercury... but only before and after chelation... thanks for posting, hope you find out more!

Victoria