Ivanhoe newswire 2001

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Apr 29, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

reported december 2001 fibromyalgia relief--Gainsville Florida----Anywhere from 3 million to 6 million Americans suffer with severe pain all over their bodies. The condition is known as fibromyalgia. Doctors say the cause of the pain is unknown and there is no cure. However, some patients are finding relief by changing their diets. A walk is how Darlene starts each day.It's something she couldn't do nine years ago.Darlene suffers from fibromyalgia."Basically five days out of the week I couldn't get out of bed.Oh, a couple hours during the day, but that's about it," she says.After years of therapy and 13 different medications, Darlene tried a new treatment-a changed diet. She eliminates two things-aspartame and monosodium glutamate or MSG. Today her pain is gone.Darlene says, "I woke up about three weeks later, and I didn't hurt when I got out of bed." Family practioner Siegfried Schmidt,M.D., had four other patients like Darlene try this diet. The patients suffered from allergies and fibromyalgia. He said the results surprised him. "These people are back to a normal life, which is, when you come from chronic pain, to be normal, this is a miracle," says Dr. Schmidt, of the University of Florida. Dr. Schmidt thinks the chemicals in the food could affect the brain and cause the pain. He says, "To me, in a disease where we have no treatment, we don't know what it is, but we can eliminate it in some people with just a dietary regimen...What are we waiting for?" It is difficult for Darlene to think about the years she lost. "I get sad about it because I would have liked to have known earlier," she says. At least now, she can finally enjoy life again. Eliminating MSG and aspartame from your diet is more difficult than you may think. It can be listed under another name. Darlene says she has to read labels very carefully and eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. More health news: She says if she accidentally eats aspartame or MGS, the pain comes back within hours.--REF: Debbie Hypes Pain-Free Living P. O. Box 25 Lookout, WV 25868 (304)872-4141--Research Summary--Copyright 2001 Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Inc.
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

5. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

good info!

Bump

God Bless.
  6. woofmom