ive been having heart palputations please let me know

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Aug 3, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

if anyone else is having this i think it is from the cmp but i dont know i was at the dr yesterday but nothing was happening then. charlene
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    For your doc and you to get an accurate assement of those palpatations he needs to hook you up with a portable heart monitor that you wear for several days.

That way he can see exactly what your heart is doing. If your that concerned about your heart palpatations, talk to him and let him know this is really disturbing you, and you want this kind of study done.

Hope you get to the bottom of this.

kbak
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Many of us get palpitations. They are one of the many symptoms of CFS/FM. Generally, they are not a problem but they always should be checked out. I agree that your Doctor should be told about them and you need to be reassured.

Kathy
  4. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I became worried about the palputations, so I went to the doctor. She had me wear a heart moniter for a day (its a halter). Nothing showed up, then they did a sonagram and everything was good. They were more concerned because I have hypermobility syndrome also. That is known to cause leaky heart valve. So anyways I think the palputations are probably normal with fibro. I notice them more after I drink something stimulatiling like caffine. I use to drink redbull (not any more) it use to make my heart race. I think anxiety about something or nervousness can do it. If I were you I would still have my doctor check it out. It is good to be safe than sorry. It is probably just a fibro thing. Hope you feel better.
    Lisa
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

for the feed back if it continues i will call the dr i looked in my trigger point therapy book i found the spot that they said to release and i did it it seems to have worked but time will tell. thanks again charlene
  6. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I have heart palpitations too, and have recently started taking magnesium oxide supplements. It does seem to help somewhat.
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I've been having heart palpitations too, but as a side effect of medication (for IC). When I stopped the tablets, the palpitations stopped. Hope you can find out the cause of this & receive suitable treatment.
  8. berley

berley New Member

I've had this problem for years. I've been checked several times for this. I've had to wear monitors before and have had EKG's and echo grams. I do think it has alot to do with my fibro, but also I'm so exhausted with all of this that I'm pretty sure that it's my nerves. You still need to get things checked out to just be safe.

9. wildwoodlane

wildwoodlane Member

Since heart palpitations have been driving me nuts lately, I have been reading lots of posts. Charlene, I read where you looked in a trigger point therapy book. Could you give me the title and author of this book, please? I am ready to try anything. Realized perhaps I am short on magnesium, so I will go back to a daily 400 mg. tablet and see if it helps. This sounds crazy, but my heart starts into an irregular rhythm after I have been resting in the recliner, maybe dozing off for a little bit. Also, if I am talking to someone and the conversation gets intense I notice the palpitations start. That definitely sounds like stress, don't you think?

Thanks in advance.

wildwoodlane
  10. TerryS

TerryS Member

I have heart palpitations. Mine are from mitral valve prolapse which was diagnosed definitively with an echocardiogram.

TerryS