I've been reading Devin Starlanyl's book and

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Aug 29, 2006.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I'm learning so much!!! I've had FM for at least l0 years and thought I knew a lot but this book explains everything we all go thru and why. For me it's taken so much of the mystery out of this DD.

Myofacial pain and trigger points seem to hold the clue for most of our troubles.

If you haven't read this book, I highly recommend getting a copy for your library. I ordered a used one from Amazon yesterday for very small $.
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I love her! She is very good. You can also download PDF files of her work.

I really wish everyone would read her work, as you say- it takes the mystery out of what's going on with us.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

This book is my bible!! I'm glad you got a copy, it helps explain so many of our very odd symptoms...the ones doctors often don't even acknowledge. Happy reading!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

the book is a great tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! charlene
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Yes, I have read this book. It was the very first book I purchased after I was diagnosed and my Rheumy told me "there is no cure, don't believe anyone who tells you there is a cure...go buy yourself a book about FMS and educate yourself".

I want to compliment you on your gorgeous painting. I love pansies and the colors that you have selected are just beautiful. They are my kind of colors. God bless your talent and thank you for sharing it with us.

Lolalee
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Myofacial Pain Syndrome and FMS are two separate conditions. In MPS, the facia develops trigger points which can cause referred pain to other areas in the body. The facia is kind of like a knit sweather which holds the body together. The trigger points are like snags in a sweater which can cause puckering all along the snagged thread.

With FMS, there are tender spots in various types of soft tissue.

Of course, people can have both. Some treatments will help with both these conditions but some are specific to each condition. There is often confusion regarding trigger points and tender spots.

Love, Mikie
  7. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Sooo glad you're getting so much out of her book!!!

[ advertisement ]