I've been up all night crying

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Hey All,
    I haven't been on the boards for a few days. I've been in a major flare and very stressed out. I know I have mentioned before about having a sister that is a regular B#**#. There are five kids in my family, older brother, younger brother, younger sis and then the older sister who is the trouble maker. My Mom died in Feburary and I am still having a had time coping with that and then my sister has tried to make everything extra hard on dividing up everything. My older brother, who I am very close to, is the one in charge of everything recieved a letter this weekend from the attorney who is representing my parents estate and he recieved a letter from an attroney that my sister has retained to fight the will. You have to understand that of all the things my parents taught us kids one of the ones they were most verbal about was families fighting over inheritians. My folks were good Christians and were two of the most honest and giving people you would ever want to meet.

I just can't believe that she is doing this to the rest of us. The other 4 siblings, (including myself), are in total agreement on everything but she is the type of person that even if she had everything in the world, she would want more. She loves to stir up trouble and is truly unstable. We have never gotten along and she took advantage of my parents all of our lives and now she is doing this. I am so stressed out over this that it has put me in this terrible flare up. We are all going to have to have a meeting in our attorney's office now and I would think anyone with any kind of brains would see where the problem lays when they see 5 siblings and it's 4 against 1. I can't belive she even got an attorney to represent her but my hubby keeps telling me that there are a lot of attorney's out there that will do anything for money.

Anyway, please keep me and my family in your prayers because I'm going to need a lot of strength to get through this.

Right now all I can think of is how much I miss my folks and how I wish they would have spent all their money before they died so she would have nothing to whine about.

I am so confused how she can be like this when we were all raised by the same parents, in the same house. Why is she doing this to our parents legacy?

Please pray for me,
    Grandma6
  2. tuesdaygirl

tuesdaygirl New Member

hi grandma6,please keep your chin up life can be tough some times but we are all thinking of you and the saying goes what goes around comes around .you take care love caroline
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

hang in there.This is so sad.
    I wish i could give you a gentle hug.

It reminds me of my brother who tricked my Mom into giving him power of attorney.You see I took care of mom &Dad for 7yrs.My brother had not seen them for 15.Dad died .Brother showed up.

Well I told him take whatever is left.I did not care.I had my parents wedding rings and my father had left a note that my son was to get his flag ( He was A Vet )And I already had all the pictures.Thats all I ever wanted was my memories.

You are in my thoughts.And prayers.

Sue
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

My heart sure goes out to you. I've been there. I could've written that post. My husbands sister did this to us 5 years ago when their Mom died. She has always been the B word and we hadn't talked to her for a few years before this because she took the Mom to her house when she couldn't take care of herself any more and didn't let the boys see their Mom. They even got the police to go to her house and the police said that as long as she wasn't being held against her will, his sister didn't have to let them in her house.

She didn't even let the boys know their Mom died until the day before the funeral. I guess her conscious slipped out and she called and told us.

Anyway, she got a lawyer immediately. It didn't do her any good. Moms property got devided 4 ways equally. All she did was cause all of us to pay for an attorney which wasted time and money. So she lost money in the long run. She is such an idiot. We haven't seen or talked to her since and never will. She has always been greedy and it has never gotten her anywhere.

She went as far as to wear a neck collar to the lawyers office to get sympathy. Well, it didn't work. No one even mentioned it.

Their Dad had more property that we call the farm which is over an hours drive away and he deeded it to the boys years before he died because he knew the daughter would sell it if her name was on it and it had been in his family for a hundred years. When the kids were little we used to go there alot and camp out. But not so much anymore. Anyway, she brought a law suit against that a few years later saying that her one brother that was a junior, had forged the Dads name on the paper work to get that in the boys name. Of course, then we had to get another lawyer and pay more money out to prove her wrong. We won. So far, we haven't heard from her for over a year.

There always seems to be one in the family that just can't share equally. And almost seems to enjoy the fight. She doesn't have any money just like us but that doesn't stop her. She is sue happy. She has had numerous accidents and gotten settlements through out the years. She has never worked. I guess she lives off the settlements. Her husband works. She is an alcoholic.

Hon, my heart goes out to you. Just try to not stress over this. The lawyers will work it out and she won't get any more than is due her. Then, after all is said and done, dis own her. Family or not, you don't need someone like this in your life. She has got to know that none of you are going to even want to talk to her after all this is over. She has made it clear by her actions that she loves things more than family. So let her go on with her selfish life far away from you.

I hope everything works out the way YOU want it to. Don't stress over something that you can't change. It will be fine. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Please let me know how things turn out.

((HUGS))

bozey
  5. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

That you went through hard time. I hope that you will find a way to be peaceful. I will not understand what it was like to have a mom died but I hope that you will know she is with you, no matter what.

Hope things will be OK for you. You will be in my prayer.

Take care.
  6. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Granhdma6,
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. Rest assured that you will be in my prayers. I know you will receive strength from all of us here on the board. We're behind you.

It's a shame when things like this happen, intensifying the grief. I hope it can be stopped before it progresses any further.

Big hugs, and prayers,
    Terry
  7. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Last year I lost 3 generations on one side of my family.

My grandfather had it written in his will that if anyone fights about the inheritance they get NOTHING.

I too think that is how it should be. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly
  8. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

i am so sorry for your lose, and it is awful what your sister is doing. i know that when my mother passed, she left nothing to myself and younger sister (because we were adopted). but left a bit to my two older sisters, and brother. my sister and i never even thought to protest the will. but my oldest sister shared some of her inheirentense with us. she didn't have to but she thought that mom was unfair.
    i will keep you in my prayers, and your family. i a so sorry you sister is making this so difficult, when the time for the family to pull together is now.
    becca
  9. Bre_Bre

Bre_Bre New Member

I havent been on the boards much lately but got on here this morning and saw your post. I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have been taking care of my Dad for 2 years since he had emergency open heart surgery. He had 3 light stokes afterwards during his stay at the hospital and it affected his vision. He is doing well but cant see well enough to drive or cook for himself. My older sister lives about 30 miles away, my older brother lives here in town. My husband and I both work and take care of my Dad who will be 83 this Dec. with no help. I lost my Mother when I was 13 and have always been close to my Dad. I can relate some to what you are going through because I know how difficult family matters can affect you. They call of course to talk to Dad but never to come get him, for a weekend, out to supper, nothing. They want to question me on WHY?, I get upset with them.
    The stress can be very bad on this DD so try to take care of yourself and try not to worry so. Of course I know that is a lot easier said than done. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and hope all will come out ok.
    Hugs To You,
    Bre_Bre
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

This is a terrible tragedy...I will pray for you and your family during this difficult time.

Sue
  11. nojunk01

nojunk01 New Member

Hi Grandma6...I am new, today my first day on this message board...I have had fibro/cfs for 13 years and have learned, the hard way, that STRESS does cause a major flare up...please try to find something that will relax you, reading a good book, watching a good movie, and the best...go to God for some valuable "chatting"...I will keep you and your family, and especially your older sister, in my prayers...let's just pray that God will help change her mind...because He is the only one who can...
  12. JLH

JLH New Member

My condolences on the loss of your mother. When my father died, I took it so hard that I cried for a solid year. I could not mention his name or anything without crying.

It would be so hard at a time like this to then have to fight with a sister. I know the type your are talking about. There is one like that in my husband's family. There are 4 kids in my family and we have 1 who is a problem, too.

This 1 (my sister, too) has financially drained my mother and did so as well when my father was alive--she made him feel so badly that she was having a tough time that he bought her anything she needed. She is 45 now and has never bought herself a car--my dad bought her everyone that she had, and after his death, her car was ready for the junk yard, so my mother bought her a used car! My parents also bought her the house that she is living in now. She has caused my mother so many problems that she will be the cause of my mother's early passing, I know!

I wonder, like you, how one kid out of a family that were all raised by the same parents, in the same house, by the same morals and values, turn out so different???

I will keep you in my prayers. You don't need this type of stress while dealing with the loss of your mother, or ever!

Take care,

(((Hugs)))
    Janet