I've decided to buy a zapper

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pepper, Oct 21, 2002.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

Mikie, or anyone else who has used them - what should I be looking for in a zapper? Since I have no idea even how to use it, I don't really know what I need and I don't want to make another expensive mistake.

Thanks. Pepper
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Mikie, or anyone else who has used them - what should I be looking for in a zapper? Since I have no idea even how to use it, I don't really know what I need and I don't want to make another expensive mistake.

Thanks. Pepper
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie will be here in the morning, she is the one to ask about the Zapper!

Just replied so that your post don't go to the botton of the board.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your answering from a scientific perspective. We always like to get differing points of view. I, myself, bought the Hulda Clark model because I believe it to be a very well made product; however, I do not agree with a lot of what Hulda Clark professes, especially regarding dental health. On the other hand, the docs who contribute to Quackwatch are to be taken with a grain of salt too. Just because they claim to be debunkers does not mean I automatically buy into what they are saying either. Each person has to decide for him- or herself. Not everything in science and medicine is so clear cut. There is still a lot which is not well understood. Old ideas like using leeches and maggots in medicine have proven themselves though you will likely not find many modern docs who use these treatments though they are effective.

The idea is that simpler life forms, such as bacteria, viruses, etc. have a very low frequency destructive wave which is harmless to the human body's cells. Everything has a frequency at which it is destroyed. Whether or not the 6-volt batteries, which deliver a very low voltage current, are enough to destroy parasites in the body is another question.

All I can tell you is that it works. If I use mine longer than the prescribed on/off cycle, I have the same Herxheimer effect as I get from my antibiotics. This has happened over and over and if it's the placebo effect, who cares, as long as it works. Also, if I feel as though I am getting sick with a viral infection, I can get rid of it within 24 hours by using the zapper in its cycle plus an additional 20 minutes of continuous zapping. I always repeat the next day just to ensure I have killed off the critters.

Using the zapper also produces a feeling of calm. Some have experienced a state of euphoria (unfortunately, not me).

Spedding, again, I appreciate and respect your opinion, but it's hard to argue with results. At worst, the zapper is probably harmless and will lighten one's wallet (a lot or a little, depending on which one you buy or whether you make your own). Hulda Clark gives the instructions for free for making one's own unit, so she isn't trying to profit from others' misery. At best, the zapper helps to rid the body of infectuous agents which can really make our lives miserable. Potential small risk; potential big rewards (in my case, not potential, but actual). It passes my "Chicken Soup Test."

Love, Mikie

Love, Mikie
  5. kay

kay New Member

just got me through my insurance company a ALPHA STIM 100 TO try. Its a microcurrent stimulator for freedom from pain of body and mind.You have 3 different things you can use. Ear clips, patches and probes. The first time I used, the ear clips, I had the setting turned up to high abd I could fill every filling in my mouth tingle. It does relax you, and The places that I have used the probes for pain have not hurt as much. I will continue to use it on a trial bases for 2 months and see how I do. Dont knock things until you try them!!!! There are all sorts of things like this that work and it goes, from way back!!! Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 10/22/2002]
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate the info. Pepper
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is an often held misconception, that the TENS-type pain machines are the same thing as zappers. In the pain machines, electrical current is used to distort the pain messages the nerves are sending to the brain.

Zappers are used to kill off parasites in the body, a completely different theory and a completely different use of electrical current in the body.

If someone is buying a zapper to relieve pain, he or she will be sorely disappointed. We need to fully understand what we are buying and how it works in the body.

Love, Mikie
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

I have a tens machine that my dad had used for pain when he was alive. My doctor told me not to use it - that the electrical stimulation was not good for CFS/FM. Has anyone else heard of that being a problem?

I realize the zapper is a whole different machine - I want it to kill the candida and parasites. I know Mikie has had success with it and I am very tempted to try it. I still don't know what qualities I should look for, though. They are available in Canada. I would have to pay horrendous duties on it if I were to order it from the U.S.

Any suggestions of what I should look for? Thanks.
    Pepper
  9. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I too have seriously been thinking of a zapper..I have read Huldas website and I kinda believe that parasites are probably a big problem for us. Maybe that stems from being around livestock all my life..and posting them (same as autopsy for us)...yep, I think a good worming would do us all good..animals and humans alike!! <G>

Are you looking at Hulda Clarks?
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

from time to time and he sells them. He swears he gets results (I know, I know, he could be a snake oil salesman - emphasis on COULD). However, it costs peanuts compared to the thousands I spend every year trying parasite cleanses, liver cleanses, acupuncture and so many other therapies. I just hate to leave any stone unturned trying to feel as well as I can.

Maybe it won't work but I won't know unless I try. I still don't know what to look for in a zapper though.

Pepper
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't know what to tell you about what to look for in a zapper. I bought mine from the Hulda Clark site because it is made in Germany and German products are usually extremely well made. My zapper is very high quality and I am very satisfied with it.

The most important thing is that the unit has been tested and verified to produce a "square wave" which is not seen in nature. Without this particular wave, it will not kill off the parasites. This is why I did not opt for one of the cheaper ($50 range) zappers. If anyone is making a zapper, it must be tested to ensure it has the correct wave shape.

There are some expensive zappers which have variable frequencies which are supposed to be able to identify different pathogens in the body and then that frequency which is destructive to the pathogen can be selected for zapping. It's just more precise instead of the "one frequency zaps all" approach from the zappers like mine.

One of the things which has been noted is that those of us with these illnesses often behave in a different way in the presence of electro-magetic fields. Some of us also affect electric fields and have noted that effect when we use computers or when we cannot keep a battery-operated watch running. This may account for people for whom the zappers do not work. I have never heard that electricity is bad for us.

I saw a program on TV about a woman who was cured of all symptoms of her MS when lightening struck her in the bathroom as she was touching the plumbing. I think there is a lot of room for research on magnets, electricity, and how they might be used to help in healing. In the meantime, all I know is that my zapper is one of my major treatments and would not want to be without it.

BTW, I agree that Hulda Clark can really be off the wall, especially when it comes to her views on dentistry, although, when all is said and done, she may be right. I just don't want to lose most of my teeth on the off chance she may be right :)

Love, Mikie
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

I appreciate the info.

I agree with you about the teeth thing. I am in the middle of a root canal even though I have read "Root Canal Coverup". I just don't want to lose my teeth either!

Thanks again. I am going to look into what kind of waves these zappers have.

Pepper
  13. lucky

lucky New Member

Could you pls. explain to me what a zapper does and what it looks like and for what it is mostly used for?
    I get the picture, but it is not totally clear to me. Thanks, Lucky
  14. kay

kay New Member

Oh goodness. Politic's ha!!! Seems like we were down this ole trail before not too long ago. Yes I know about the teeth and yes it is VERY true. I would have my sister get a copy , of her x-rays and a letter from her dentist and hygenist, who are totally shocked at her teeth but I would be wasting my time. I have seen the lady with M.S. on a couple diffrent times also. Great. Its like this machine the doctor had got me, it is all so excellant and this all started way back, long ago. My sister has a rife machine. Now I dont want to get yelled at you all. ha!!!! Take care --- AND HAPPY ZAPPING !!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/23/2002]
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go back up to my first response here where I describe what zappers do. Then, go do a web search on zappers and you will find out more than you probably want to know.

What I didn't say in my top post here is that the unit is about the size of the palm of your hand. My unit has elastic wrist/ankle bands which I soak in water and then hook up wires to which connect to the unit. I turn it on and it runs through an automated cycle of 7 mins. on and 20 mins. off. It goes through three cycles. I can also run it in the manual mode, which I do for 20 mins. when I feel a virus coming on.
    ----------------------------------------------
    From what I gather, the Rife machines are like the variable zappers I described here.

I have had all my teeth from the canines back, both sides, uppers and lowers crowned. I have also had three root canals done. The last one was done by an endodontist and I would never have anyone else do a root canal again. He was great. Until taking Klonopin, I ground my teeth and clenched my jaws at night during sleep.

I have had my upper front teeth bleached and bonded and am much happier with my smile although no one noticed I had had it done because my original teeth weren't that bad. I just wanted to look nicer in my daughter's wedding pics.

Love, Mikie
  16. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You are correct that TENS units can make many Fibro patients worse, for the same reason that we should not use the Progressive Relaxation of Muscles technique. TENS units do the same thing as PRM does....they contract the muscles sharply in order to get the muscle to let go and relax completely as an automatic response to the contraction. As you well know, in Fibro, our muscles stay contracted and don't relax well...the automatic relax response is blunted, while the contractive response is really strong. I have heard of folks using TENS ending up walking around like the Tin Woodsman in the Wizard of Oz, before he got ahold of the oil can! Stiff and contracted to the max. I would ask to try one first and see how you react before purchasing one.
    Klutzo
  17. lucky

lucky New Member

I will take more time later to find out more about a zapper and satisfy my curiosity. However, I do not have any problems with my teeth, except the normal wear and tear. Thanks, Mikie - Lucky
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This thread di kind get off an a tangent. That often happens when Hulda Clark's name comes up because of her views on dentistry. I'm glad your teeth are good. For many of us, our teeth have been a major problem in our lives.

Love, Mikie
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sota Instruments does have a website, but I found nothing about Quackwatch there.

Love, Mikie
  20. pepper

pepper New Member

I will try to find it.

(((HUGS BACK))) Pepper