I've found an amazing supplement! - "ULTRA MUSCLEZE" - CFS/ Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Atlanta8, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

And no, I'm not selling it :p

It's called <b>"Ultra Muscleze" from "Nutri"</b> (and it's vegan). It's a mix of things like Mg, Malic acid, B-vits and a whole host of supplements designed to ease muscle pain and help mito function and the Krebbs Cycle. I can't believe how well it's working for me!! I started on a half dose, then the max label dose and it cut the pain and allowed me to take a short trip out every day (that was a few weeks ago when I was only able to go out once a week/ fortnight max). One day I was so tired/ pained/ fed up I took a bit more and it gave me such a lift! I'm now going out for longer and longer trips, on consecutive days.

Yesterday I was out shopping with my crutch and half way through realised I felt fine and didn't actually need it! :D After shopping we went to get another fish tank, then after a nap I cleaned out my old fish tank and swapped it with the new one, washed up the old one then went hunting for eggs (they've decided to start a family! hehe)... All that in one day, from being stuck in bed for 2 weeks at a time! And tonight I'm off out again.

I almost feel normal on it, energy wise. It doesn't help with brain fog as much, however. And I still get hot flushes etc, so it's not 100% effective.

Anyway, I just take this as and when I need it, so if I'm not going out I won't have it. I don't think it actually 'fixes' anything - just supports you. I'm thinking now if I can take it and start builing up some gentle exercise it'll help a lot, and get rid of the recovery paradox (ie exercise makes us better/ we can't exercise).

So I just wanted to recommend this as it's helped me so much. I take it after activity for the post exortional malaise too. After a nap I might have concrete muscles, so I take a bit extra and it goes away.

I think it's very similar to the list of things Barrowinnovations takes in her PEM thread, but with a few extra bits added to the mix. Additionally you could try taking CoQ10 for extra Krebbs Cycle support but I don't feel I need anything else at the moment so I don't bother.

I hope this posts helps someone! Please let me know if you decide to try it and how you get on with it :D

[This Message was Edited on 11/14/2008]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Glad you found something that's helping. Is this in a white canister with mostly blue and some gold labeling? I'd like to give it a try.
  3. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

Bumping this as it's relavent to Pacem's post... and I think more people should know about this supplement!
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

How much is it and is there a website for it?
    thanks atlanta i am in south ga i would love to get it let me know.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Is this still working for you? I hope so, sounds too good to be true! I've tried things that other people swear by, but haven't gotten good results with anything in particular. Always searching for something that will help w severe fatigue and aching pain.

I want to check it out, is there a particular site where you can find it?

I'm on my way out, but later I'll try looking it up.

I saw another post where you mentioned that it helped w PEM...What is PEM? Sorry, never heard of that one:)

6. Atlanta8

Atlanta8 New Member

It's still working! Although I was in a car crash 2 weeks ago (I'm ok - just bad whiplash and stress related CFS probs) so that's been a bit of a blip in my progress... It obviously won't solve all CFS symptoms, but I think it's a pretty good start.

For those who are unsure about it you could try taking a couple of tsp's of apple cider vinegar (it contains malic acid, necessary for getting rid of lactic acid) - if you notice a reduction in muscle aches then there's a good chance this will help you.

Anyway, I live in the UK and it cost me £20. It does last quite a long time though. I'm not sure which sites in the US sell it, but a quick search should come up with plenty of results. I've done a search myself and it looks like it's also sold under the brand 'bioceuticals'.

Oh and Hermit - PEM = Post Exortional Malaise.

More info on it:

From City-slickers.co.uk

-Supercharged formula features the full therapeutic dose of 244mg Magnesium and 840mg of Malic Acid as well as cofactors and symbiotic nutrients Selenium, Molybdenum, Vitamins B6 and B12, Folic Acid Glutamine, Taurine and L Carnitine

-Magnesium as Magnesium Chelazone. Highly patented bioavailable chelate form of the mineral

-Key cofactors and symbiotic nutrients to improve the bioavailability and cellular uptake of Magnesium and Malic Acid

-Central to efficient energy release, NUTRI ULTRA MUSCLEZE helps enhance your mitochondrial 'powerhouse' for optimal energy metabolism and unleash greater energy production from both aerobic and anaerobic energy sources

-Helps overcome blocks in energy production

-Excellent for sportsmen and women to help maintain table lactic acid balance during exercise

-Helps combat the chronic fatigue resulting from Fibromyalgia FM and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome CFS. Studies show fatigue symptoms on average take just 2 weeks to respond to the supplement

-Helps relieve the musculoskeletal pain, soreness and stiffness caused by Fibromyalgia FM. Clinical studies show significant relief from pain within 48 hours of treatment and measurable decrease in the Tender Point Index within 4 to 8 weeks

-Magnesium and Malic Acid supplementation supported by extensive research which shows a highly significant correlation between low Magnesium and Malic Acid levels and severe fatigue and physical exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia

-Malic Acid and Magnesium recommended by the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Foundation in Santa Barbara, California for the treatment of CFS and related pain of primary Fibromyalgia

-Also helps support muscle, liver, nerve and cardiovascular health and improves absorption and retention of calcium

-Found to work better than a variety of conventional treatments such as Amitryptyline and Ibuprofin

-Pleasant tasting with very high gastro intestinal tolerance

Oral magnesium supplementation has often been complicated by side effects of poor gastrointestinal tolerance, including malabsorption and diarrhea. The glycinated chelates (a covalently bonded di-peptide chelate) known, as Chelazome™ is a superior form of magnesium supplementation that has been designed for maximum absorption and tolerance.

Furthermore, it has shown to be substantially superior than inorganic magnesium salts (23.5% vs 11.8%).

One 5g serving provides: Magnesium (Chelazome™) 280mg, Malic Acid 900mg, Taurine 500mg, Glutamine 500mg, Folic Acid 150mcg, Potassium Aspartate 250mg, L-carnitine 50mg, Calcium Phosphate 80mg, Selenium 25mcg, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Succ 100IU, Molybdenum 60mcg, Vit B1 25mg, Vit B3 20mg, Vit B6 50mg, Vit B12 20mcg.
  7. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I Googled it and only found it coming from the UK. One site had the conversion to US $...price $40.03 for 150gm powder, which is 15 days worth.

I wonder why it doesn't seem to be sold in the US, strange.

Anyway, thanks for the info Atlanta. I just may have to give it a try.

Hope you continue to feel better....sorry to hear about your accident, ouch!!