I've found something even better than rice filled socks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sunflowergirl, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

CVS pharmacy now sells PEAS hot and cold therapy packs that you can not only put in freezer BUT also the microwave. I was very skeptical but apparently this is a new, improved version. It comes with a belt with which you can attach to the velcroe on the bubble filled product. It's AMAZING how it holds the heat much longer than the rice sock.....at least for 2 hrs. This morning I attached the belt and wore it around my waist and found I can wear it under my clothes without it showing. I'm suffering right now from TMJ and my neck troubles and I can sleep with this easily next to my pillow because it's lightweight and thin.

I drop it into a knee high (cut a hole at one end to pull the tab thru) and yesterday I also wet a washcloth to wear next to my neck, under the heated PEAS......this makes moist heat. I'm heading to CVS this morning to purchase a couple more.
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Good to hear you found something that makes life a little bit better for you! I never heard of the rice version, have heard of the cherrykernel ones.
  3. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

Thank you sunflower. I will have to look into that.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, June, thanks for the heads up on this product. I have gel packs which can be heated or frozen, rice socks and an oversized heating pad. This new product sounds better.

Love, Mikie