I've found something even better than rice filled socks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Sep 19, 2013.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

CVS pharmacy now sells PEAS hot and cold therapy packs that you can not only put in freezer BUT also the microwave. I was very skeptical but apparently this is a new, improved version. It comes with a belt with which you can attach to the velcroe on the bubble filled product. It's AMAZING how it holds the heat much longer than the rice sock.....at least for 2 hrs. This morning I attached the belt and wore it around my waist and found I can wear it under my clothes without it showing. I'm suffering right now from TMJ and my neck troubles and I can sleep with this easily next to my pillow because it's lightweight and thin.

I drop it into a knee high (cut a hole at one end to pull the tab thru) and yesterday I also wet a washcloth to wear next to my neck, under the heated PEAS......this makes moist heat. I'm heading to CVS this morning to purchase a couple more.
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Good to hear you found something that makes life a little bit better for you! I never heard of the rice version, have heard of the cherrykernel ones.
  3. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

Thank you sunflower. I will have to look into that.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, June, thanks for the heads up on this product. I have gel packs which can be heated or frozen, rice socks and an oversized heating pad. This new product sounds better.

Love, Mikie