I've got a big butt and I can not lie!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BraidieBunch, May 13, 2003.

1. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Ok..I admit it..I reach for food when I am exhausted. Guilty. Last night between the hours of 8:30 pm and 5 am I consume..three drumstick ice cream cones, peanuts, 2 cukecumbers, a slice of ham (I don't even LIKE meat!) and a quesadilla!!! So tell, me...Whay do I feel like a stuffed burrito right now?? I am 5'2" tall and am slowly creeping up the scale to 130 lbs. I had been doing so well on Serzone and some doxepin but son much for THAT routine!!! i have yet to find another combo that works. Klonopin I have built up a tolerance too...Prozac the doc said would help with Carb craves...right... I'm not even sure I need an antidepressant...just some sleep!!! It's amazing what 7 hours of sleep will do for you!!! I am now trying Same 400 plus B12,B6,B2,Famvir,Licorice, Bovine srum, flax, kelp/ alfalfa for allergies and minocycline. Plus BCP's. What is my missing link???? Braidie with a big butt...
  2. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

I have tried Wellbutrin by itself, and it really didn't do anything...Doc upped me to a second dose and my children were ready run away from home!! I got VERY irritable!!! The second dose sent me over the edge. So that is when Prozac was prescriped. Wellbutrin dumped, then Lexapro dumped., now p[rozac dumped...You are tight. I am not OVER weight...just gaining. I used to be about 110 lbs. I had more energy, felt like jumping on the trampoline with my boys and loved two mile fast paced walks. I just miss those days, I guess...Oh, the joys of youth or something...Thanks, for reminding me about that PMS thing!!! Any hints? Hugs, BraidieBunch
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It gets worse at PMS time. I also know that when allergies hit me, I want carbs. When we eat carbs, though, it just increases our desire for more. If you can instead eat something with natural fat in it, in time, it will staisfy you and you will lose the craving for carbs.

I keep myself filled up with cheese, butter, meat, cream, and eggs, along with veggies and some fruit.

Love, Mikie
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Low HGH not only causes weight gain, it causes a very specific type of weight gain on your abdomen that is extra dangerous for health. A Woman with low HGH can end up looking like a man with a beer gut.
    I agree with Mikie, ie. the more carbs you eat, the more carbs you'll crave. This is due to the high amts. of insulin that are released in response to eating carbs. It can have disastrous long-term health consequences, esp. when combined with that fat tummy I mentioned.
    I know because I am suffering those consequences now.....it is called Metabolic Syndrome X, and it leads to high blood pressure (already got this), Type II Diabetes, and early death from heart disease.
    You can stop it in it's tracks and even reverse the non-genetic aspects of it by ditching the high carb foods.
    I do understand about PMS, as I used to go on chocolate binges right before my periods. Plain dark chocolate is not nearly as bad as other high carb foods when this happens, and a little bit actually helps the heart because it contains sterols.
    Klutzo
  5. FibroNan

FibroNan New Member

5'2 and 130 pounds??? I'll take that any day. I'm 5'2 and 150 pounds, and I'm small boned. I think the Paxil is what caused my weight gain. That and my quitting smoking. For years and years, I stayed at around 110 pounds so all this weight is something I have NOT gotten used to.
    Nancy
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

If you check the labels of most, if not all, low fat products you'll find that the carb content is very high. Even skim milk has more carbs than whole milk. It's very hard to try to do low fat & lo carb at the same time. I go with the lo carb.

Mikie is right about carbs making you crave more carbs. If you can find something else to satisfy yourself instead of carbs you'll be better off. Try pork rinds (if you like them). They have 0 carbs. My hubby likes them & when he gets hungry for "junk food" he eats pork rinds. Personally I can't stand them.

There is a brand of ice cream that is no sugar & fairly low in carbs - like 10 carbs for 1/2cup. Now if I could only remember the brand!LOL If I think of it, I'll let you know.
    Blue Bunny fudge lites (like fudge cicles) only have 1/2 gram of fat each & about 8.5 carbs each. And they taste great! Both of the above are sweetened with Splenda.

Hope this gives you some help.

Take care........Kathi
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Everyone seems to have addressed your cravings, since I don't have a problem with food, can't comment here.

But you mentioned sleep, my most favorite subject, and used to be my worst problem.

Heres what I do for sleep, and it has been working for me for a full year now.

Xanax 0.25 milligrams at 6pm

ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B-6)
    2capsules at 10pm (this is for deep sleep)

Right before bedtime
    1 3milligrams of Melatonin (helps me fall asleep)

I now sleep 7-8 hours each night, deeply.

This may not work for everyone, but it has restored my life.

Believe me, I feel like a different person. Before this, I would wake up 10 to 20 times a night, be so exausted I could not do anything but lay there and be miserable.

My pain is way down, I have more energy, my fog is a whole lost less. Over all I do feel as normal as anyone with FM can feel these days!

Hope you get some sleep, and stop gaining weight too.

If you were sleeping, maybe you would not be eating?

Shalom, Shirl
  8. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

You are absolutely right!! I wouldn't be gaining if I slept...then I would
    1> Have energy to excercise more
    2> Feel less depressed about my "failures" gg
    3> Be a PERFECT person
    Yeah!!! At least the first two....I found trazadone in my cabinet from a few months back and think I will try that tonight. My neck sounds like a box of Rice Krispies....hhmmm that sounds good.....Warm fuzzies to all...Braidie
  9. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Great idea on the popcorn!!! I just checked your bio and realized we have three boys about the same ages!!!! And ...stress from the EX!!!ggggg
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I was not being funny about if you could sleep you would not be eating.

I used to be up all night long, I am a very poor eater, I truly have trouble just facing the fact that its 'time to eat', its sort of the opposite of most people.

Before I started taking the ZMA, I would keep 'picking' at food all night long. I can't eat much at a sitting, like a few chips, some crackers, bread and butter with milk etc.

I but I did notice the more I ate at night, the less I could sleep on a full stomach.

I didn't have a weight problem, in fact I am always trying to 'gain' weight. Food mostly makes me feel sick, therefore I would not eat if I could live without food! I am 5' 5" and weight about 120 right now (I have a medium frame), I look a lot better at 130 for sure ( check my profile picture).

My daughter is tiny like you, she is not ill and has no problem sleeping, but she did find out that if she stayed up late, she ate more, then would have to do the Suzanne Sumer's diet to lose five pounds or so.
    She does watch her weight carefully. She is 5' and has a small frame. She tries to keep her weight about 110 at the most.

Yes, truly, the ZMA has worked wonders for me.

Shalom, Shirl

11. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

1) Doesn't popcorn have a lot of carbs in it?

2) What about the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches?

I'm trying so hard to eat low-carb and I love popcorn, but thought it has a lot of carbs. Please help!

THANKS!!!!

Annette2

P.S.- I had a bagel tonight - oh woe is me!!!!
  12. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

If you must have some, the microwave kind in a bag is higher in carbs than if you pop it yourself. You can air pop it in the micro. Also, try to eat it during the day & not in the evening before you go to bed.

I raise my own popcorn & it's great. Just as easy to grow as regular corn.

Take care......Kathi
  13. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

I know what you meant....I agree...I do just pick at night and then eat more thru the day. I really don't know whether I eat more because I'm just too fatigued or just don't have will power. I think it is the first..ggg..Does the SS diet work? I'm not all that thrilled with the no carb thing. I have always lived on pasta and rice...very little meat , eggs or cheese. I am trying to slowly convert, but old habits die hard!!! I must admit,it sure is worth a try!!! Hugs, Braidie