I've got a herxing question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrpain, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I've been taking Olive leaf extract, astragalus, and grape seed extract along with some others. I'm also taking the bionutrients, the shake, and apple cider vinegar in apple juice. I get to feeling extra bad which I've discovered is herxing when I'm taking all this.

I was told that this would happened because I have to feel worse before I can feel better due to the toxins. I'm also taking milk thistle and pro biotics. My question is how long does the herxing last before I'll start to feel better??

What usually happens is after a few days, up to a couple of weeks, I get tired of feeling so bad, that I come off everything just to feel my normal bad, which is a little better than the herxing feeling.. but I know that's not helping in the long run.. Hopefully, this makes sense to somebody.
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Thanks for replying. I've been doing a shot gun approach for the last 6 months. What I mean by that is that I would take everything I mentioned at night for a few nights, then I would take one or two, along with a different supplement.

I'll take oil of oregano, selenium, lots of vit C,(just to many to list)... The list would include over 40 supplements or vitamins which I take at different times and different nights.

One thing is, I only take one capsule of each pest fighter when maybe I should be taking more. This is the first week I've actually came off of most everything in the last 6 months just so I could be as close to normal (a relative term), as I could possibly be, so I could take my family on a mini vacation..

By the way, what is Pau d'arco? Not familiar with that one.
    The most recent supp. I've tried are the bionutrients that Mike Reynolds was talking about including shark cartlilage and all the L-nutrients..I also have tried the shake but I can't seem to remember to do it everyday..
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

This is CherylSue to pester you. (hey, that rhymes)

Anyway, I'm having a relapse with an ongoing viral infection (reactivation HHV6?) Feversih, flu like, etc. When you suggest Pau D'aco, do you mean the tea, or is there a capsule?

Thanks for your input.
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Good advice....Since I've been back from out of town and I'm already off everything except probiotics, vit c, and milk thistle, I'll just keep it to that for a while. I have to take melatonin and valerian at night for sleep, but I don't think that will cause any problems. In fact, sleep, when I get it, is very helpful.. Thanks for your help!