I've got Cryptostrongylus Pulmoni worms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bluebottle, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

On Tuesday I sent some thumb prick blood sample to Dr Andrew Wright in Bolton, UK, who uses a veterinary microscope to look for various nasties .

Today I had my phone consultation with him.

He has found Cryptostrongylus Pulmoni cysts in my blood - these are worms!(eeyuk) He finds parasites in most of his M.E. patients. You can read about them here if you don't feel sick:

& see photos here:

He is going to send me prescriptions for worming pills and antibiotics, & recheck my blood in 3 months. What a shame I didn't consult a vet 21 years ago instead of a GP who just repeatedly said 'there's no such thing as M.E.'.

Funnily enough, skin crawling sensations have always been part of my ME.
  2. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Vets are far better doctors because they have to figure out what ails their patients since they can't talk!

Just from reading everyone's posts, I know I'm only at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what might be causing my FM. Thanks for the info!
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

My report from Dr Wright has just arrived. It says I also have 'borrelia - like spirochaetal forms' in addtition to CP.

Treatment is:
    Ivermectin 12mg one a day for three days, then one every forur weeks for five further months (I've had to send off to India for these, they are hundreds of UK pounds to buy here).

Also a regime of cyclical antibiotics, Amoxicillin, Doxycyclie and Tinidazole.

Have we as a society all forgotten about parasites, including most of the medical profession? Our grandpernts used to know about them.

Veterinaries test for them as a matter of course, but there's only one doctor in the whole of my country who has a Dark-field microscope to look for them in humans.

I could have spent the last 21 years infested with these horrors & they could be the cause of my & many other people's illness.
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I have learned alot from my veterinary books (used to be a dog breeder).

I would try to find out the lifecycle of the c. p. so you know how long to keep up the treatment.

Some parsites are digestive in nature and herbs like wormwood and artemsia can help. Then getting good bacterial to grow and keep gut alkaline is important.

Bad things like parasites and yeast need acid environment. Only good bacteria can grow in alkaline environment.

Back to beasties - some parasites/worms have a two year life cycle (like heartworm).

Hope this helps,
  5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Thank you both, the link is very useful. I don't think much is known about CP Marti, but I'll try to find out it's life cycle, thank you for the suggestion.

The borrelia are bacteria aren't they - don't they cause Lyme? I'm confused.
  6. Webbie

Webbie New Member

Hi Blue Bottle,

I am being treated by Dr Wright too for CP and borrelia, so it was very interesting to read your thread. You may like to check out another thread - 'Cryptostrongylus Pulmoni anyone????????', where there is some discussion that may interest you.

Hope your present treatment proves beneficial. Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes, Webbie
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

God sound horrible I am going to get a test soon I am skint at the moment just moved home I wonder what he would do for me as I cant take meds but the Colliodol silver is helping me at the moment.

8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

This is so very interesting.
    Ugh..and ...ugh
    i am keeping our info for my records
    I appreciate you posting to help others and i will watch for our follow ups