I'VE GOT LEUKEMIA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by AngelBride, Apr 15, 2008.

1. AngelBride

AngelBride New Member

Hi Everyone ~ ~
    Is there anyone out there that also has leukemia? I was diagnosed with it after having a bone marrow biopsy. I have several symptoms: chronic sinus infections, elevated WBC,chronic fatigue, poor appetite and weight loss. I had a PET/CT scan this afternoon to determine what stage the leukemia is in. Next Tuesday I go back to my oncologist for the results. Are there any others going through the same thing as I am?
    Would love to hear from you. I am scared, worried and really need some support.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Gentle Hugs,
    Karen
  2. geraldsgirl

geraldsgirl New Member

I don't have cancer but my heart goes out to you along with my prayers. BTW, I am a Karen also.
  3. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

that has ALL, diagnosed at age 5 and has been in remission for 30 years now. There are some success stories out there. I do wish you the best of luck with your testing and treatment. Please keep us posted on your progress. We are all behind you!
  4. AnnieLeu

AnnieLeu New Member

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Adult Leukemia seems to run in my family but so far so good for me.
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

But with the modern technology YOU have the odds on your side.....Karen, can you tell me more about lukemia....I really do not know much about it but just wonder if you got a bone marrow transplant?

Ok, don't laugh but on one of the soaps I recently started watching a guy had lukemia and he got a bone marrow transplant and now he is expected to be just fine?????

My heart is with you sweet freind and so are my prayers....if you ever need to talk Iam a good listener....please give me a hollar anytime:)

ANd know always that you will be in my thougths and in my special prayers!

Hugs prayers and love
    Doxy
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

my thoughts and best wishes go out to you.

i know that CFS and long term viral infections can cause many problems and people with CFS are at a higher risk for these things.

still, i think this condition is treatable and i know you will pull through.

i am so glad you have the love and support of your family.

be strong..and remember that a good person is never alone.

love
    sue
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

((((Karen))))

Sending you an enormous hug, I hope you have the very best treatment available xxx

8. Sinzy

Sinzy New Member

((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))
  9. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I bet that is a scary Dx. I'm sending healing energy and prayers your way.

Hugs,
    tee
  10. Springfling

Springfling New Member

Hi Angel,

Leukemia is such a scary thing, but these days there are some good remission stories. My heart goes out to you! Anyone would be scared and worried.

You need to stay positive and strong. It may be hard to do, but just focus on getting well. I had a cousin diagnosed 5 yrs. ago. She is in remission and doing great!

Come to the boards anytime you feel like talking. Being able to talk about things that bother you is one of the best ways to make you feel better. That's why we are all here. Hugs & Prayers!!
  11. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

AngelBride,
    Sending well wishes and prayers out to you....and ((((hugs))))
    Cindy
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Living with this diagnosis right now, and have been. I have Acute Myeloid Leukemia M2, it isn't staged like other cancers, so that leads me to believe you probably have a different type than I do. I do not get PET scans, just bone marrow biopsies.

I originally found out I was sick two years ago after a nagging two-week fever, and was treated with several months of chemo. Ideally, they look for a matching sibling (usually only a sib will do, not parent or child) for a bone marrow transplant, or stem cell transplant, a more current technology. Since I did not have a matching sibling, I opted for the chemo alone approach, with regular monitoring afterward.

In February of this year, I found out I was sick again, and am now awaiting what they call a MUD transplant (Matched Unrelated Donor). This is assuming I can get into remission again via chemo---I will have a BMB on Friday to see how things look.

That's my story----I'm sure you are scared, I was, too. And while the world on the soaps makes ANY illness look curable, as Doxy suggested (a little far-fetched!), they are doing amazing things with Leukemia these days! It first would help to know what type you have, so if you know more, please share it when you can....I will check this thread periodically.

I have a lot of good info on support resources, including financial---Leukemia is notoriously a bankrupting illness. Let me know how/if I can help.

(((Take care)))
    Pam

13. sturg1

sturg1 New Member

Dear Karen and Pam,
    I am sending healing thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Gentle hugs,
    Sturg
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My prayers go out to you. Please keep us updated on what you find out from the doc. God bless you.

Love, Mikie
  15. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i do not have leukemia but i have worked as an oncology nurse for several years. ifyou need any questions answered post them here and i will do my best to answer them for you.
    i hope you treatment goes well
    rachel
  16. jillian44

jillian44 New Member

My dad has Cll and MdS. We haven't found out about the bone marrow test yet. He was in remission with CLL for about six years. He is eighty. My sister and I are doing are best to take care of his health needs. He keeps plugging along. I guess you have too. I have CFS and Fibro. But, what you guys are going through is very hard too. I will pray for you. Hang in there. May God surround you with angels.
  17. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Wishing you the very best outcome.

Fondly June
  18. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Sending love and lifting up prayers for you! Debbie