I've got the worst heel bone spur--OUCH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Dec 22, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I finally got an appt. yesterday for a foot doc. My heel has been so sore since I had my gallbladder surgery that I can hardly walk. I've been walking on the ball of my foot. I've been hobbling for about 7 weeks.

Anyway, he wrapped my foot with tape that I can take off in a week and then gave me an insert to put in my shoes after that. He said it is very inflammed and will take a long time to heal because of the fibro and RSD that I have. I go back in 2 weeks.

I am so far behind in everything especially cleaning my house for Christmas. My foot hurts too bad to be up on it for very long. But, today is my last day to clean so I will have to fight the pain and just do it.

It seems just when I get rid of one pain, I've got another one to deal with. This is so aggravating. When will it ever end.

bozey
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I'm so sorry your having all this pain....

I sure hope you feel better soon!!! Don't push yourself to hard to clean...family is suppose to be coming for you hun...not to look at your house...I say that, but im the same way about wanting my house clean..lol

Just wanted you to know im thinking of you and hope your foot is feeling better soon!!

(((Hugs))) & Merry Christmas!!!
    Bluerose
  3. FM_DD

FM_DD New Member

Hi Bozey! Take a water bottle and fill it 3/4 full w/ water and freeze it. Then you can take it out of the freezer when the pain is bad and just rest it in the arch of your foot. I had the panters faciitis release done a few years ago, I understand what you're going thru. ONce they did that it was a lot better.

cathy
  4. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Bozey.. I know.. I've been dealing with a heel spur for a few years now. Three cortisone shots, a couple of different foot support braces including one at night and months of agony.. I finally had to change jobs as I was on my feet all the time and couldn't heal. In time it got better though I still have trouble. Challenging! Some people get over them pretty quickly.... I wear orthotic inserts in my shoes.. helps a bit.. I know it is aggravating.. Gosh I can't remember who said it.. but the ice advise is absolutly on target!
    Hope you get some relief soon..
  5. bozey

bozey New Member

Thanks for responding. I am so glad Christmas holiday is over. Now I can rest all I want. And that is just what I am doing today.

My foot has hurt worse since being taped. I was just wondering if that is normal? Do any of you know? They said I could take the tape off in 5 to 7 days and today is the fifth day.

I want to take the tape off but my mind keeps thinking it might hurt worse. What to do, what to do!

My daughter got me a water foot massager for Christmas that I am dying to use too.

Thanks guys
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

they taped me up after my first visit.. I really couldn't tell much difference when I took the pain off.. You know.. it was just horrible until after my 3rd shot.. and like I said still acts up.. but people are different..

If they said 5 - 7 days, I think I would go 6! lol!

The foot thingy.. (jeez.. where is my brain this morning.. I can't think of the name..) anyway.. the foot thingy sounds like a wonderful gift.. Hopefully it will help.

My guy got me one of those heating massage mats this year and I just love it.. I love thoughtful gifts that will help us feel better!!

Hugs!
    Dona
  7. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

Hi,
    I have the spurs on the back of both heels, I can see where it protrudes & looks redish, (inflamed)
    I too, have been diagnoised with, Fibro, then RSD/CRPS/

Just wondering if anyone, has had to have Surgery to remove the Spurs? Or did the shots take care of the Spurs?
    I have tried all kinds of shoes & inserts.

Can't make up my mind , which, kind of doctor to go see,
    a foot doctor, bone & joint..?

I did have the shots in both of the (Webs) of my thumbs, were bone spurs had formed,& the spurs have not returned.

Long Story, butI had some other problems with this doctor,
    (Rhematoligest) and I havn't been back to see her.

Thank You, Ladybug2