I've got to be crazy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I just got home from the pain clinic. I tried to ask about fibro and was told I don't know what I'm talking about. They are trying to convince me to get my stomach stapled so I can lose wieght, I told them no and thay said I have to. I again said no and that I'll stay fat. Then I let them stick steroids in my spine and now I'm in triple the pain I was in before I went there. What is wrong with all these doctors or is it that something is wrong with me and maybe they are right. I'm sorry to be compaining but if I don't let it out I think I'm gonna go crazy(ha ha the doctors already think I am) Well thanks for listening to me witch. I hope everyone is well today.
    Dawn
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I just got home from the pain clinic. I tried to ask about fibro and was told I don't know what I'm talking about. They are trying to convince me to get my stomach stapled so I can lose wieght, I told them no and thay said I have to. I again said no and that I'll stay fat. Then I let them stick steroids in my spine and now I'm in triple the pain I was in before I went there. What is wrong with all these doctors or is it that something is wrong with me and maybe they are right. I'm sorry to be compaining but if I don't let it out I think I'm gonna go crazy(ha ha the doctors already think I am) Well thanks for listening to me witch. I hope everyone is well today.
    Dawn
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am giving you the applaud icon for not physically hurting your docs! I feel soooo bad for you and I think you have every right to question a stomach stapling procedure. Those shots sound awful..what are they suppose to do?

I have no words of wisdom girl..as my experiences with the docs have mostly been an exercise in me keeping my cool and not being verbally and/or physically combative with them. Do not get me wrong..I am almost positive there are good ones out there..heck some people here on the board have some great sounding ones. Me .. I am stuck with one that #1 does not speak English very well at all and half of my visit is spent with me asking him to repeat himself and the other half with him telling me there is no such thing as cfs/fm. Soooo..I do feel for ya ..and I am in hopes that people will get on here and help you out.

Meantime rest yourself and calm down, cause getting upset only makes ya feel like getting run over by a truck would be an improvement! <G>

Have a good evening...still
  4. latracy

latracy New Member

I sorry that you are having so much pain, and the doctors are causing you more. You really need to find a new doctor. I decided this year, that I was not going to take rude or sarcastic doctors any more. If I don't like what they are saying, then I look for a new doctor. And yes, I have seen a lot of doctors. But I am now happy with my doctor, and we have a good relationship. I hope you can find that too.
  5. whsechick

whsechick New Member

Yay for you! Don't let those quacks talk you into doing something that you don't want to do. There are good docs out there! I lucked out, because my docs wife has fm/cfs. I'm sorry you hurt so bad, and I pray you'll get some relief soon.

Susan
  6. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I too have been battling the weight. I am about 60 lbs overweight. I have been as high as 90 lbs overweight. You do know the steroids may be causing some of your weight problems. Might want to reconsider the steroids. I had several shots of steroids in my elbow. I ended up getting a pseudotumor cerebri dur to the depo provera b.c. shot and also steroid injections. Both are of course hormonal and it precipitated the PTC. But I would have been very upset had it been me and the drs talked that way. Did you let em' have it?
  7. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

i woulda shown my arse! next time you go, take a pile of books, articles and pamphlets related to fms, highlight all pertinent info and bring a box of huge chocolate donuts! tell your arse doc that since you KNOW what your talking about and he cant help you, that chocolate will cure anything...then stuff one in your mouth..if he says anything smart, shove one in his too.
    some docs are in it for the money, too bad we all seem to find them. geez i wish they would share! lol

Good luck n God bless!!
    inpain3
  8. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Dawn - I'm sorry you were treated so poorly; seems to be contagious. My doctor was the same idiot today, I;ve seen him about 3 times and he was reading an article while I was talking to him! Don't give up, forget the stapling; that's your choice; but I have to say I have used epidural and nerve blocks and they worked but not right away, and they did hurt worse before getting better. I recently had neuromas in both feet again (one foot has been operated on twice already) and the shots made it impossible to stand or walk for days, but my feet did get better. Problem is, I can't afford to finish "the series". Take care; you may be crazy but you sure have lots of company, including some medical providers, lol, joking of course! I once saw a psychiatrist for depression and I was only about 20 lbs overweight - well she was obsessed with that, too. They are only humans, some flawed.....Peace, BonBons
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What the heck does these doctors want from people?? and what does weight have to do with Fibro pain? I am thin, have been all my life and I have had Fibro for over twenty years now! My husband is 60 pounds(he lost 40 pounds, he was a 100 pounds over weight!) overwight and never has a pain! I truly don't believe that weight has a thing to do with Fibro.

YOu need to find a good doctor that don't think you are a nut, we have all been called crazy at one time or the other with these illnesses.

I had one doctor that wrote a prescription for Prozac, I left it on his desk, I said I had pain, not a depression problem! He was furious that I could read the prescription. I never went back.

I don't know what to tell you about the steriod shot, but I personally would not let them give me that either.

You check the good doctor list; http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm Hopefully you find one in your area.

Take care, and if you are crazy, then we all belong in a padded cell!

Shalom, Shirl