I've got what seems like little bites

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Antenbunny, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

I've got what seems like little bites. They stay around for a couple months then kind of spread out on the skin, slowly going away. Anyone heard of this one?
  2. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

Yes, I have a dog, but it's not like flees. There are abut three right now. They don't realy itch. It's very odd. They are red. The stragest things is that they stay for so long, as they start to disapear they spread out and get bigger.
  3. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Maybe they are small lesions. I also have sarcoidosis of the skin, and I get small shiny reddish lesions sized anywhere from flea bite size to quarter size. I can see how they might look like insect bites, only they're more plateau shaped, rather than hill shaped like a mosquito bite. They can be itchy or not, depending. They come and go. I get them first on my forearms and face, and when they're really bad on my chest and back. Usually they'll last for a few weeks.
  4. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

Do the individual (bites) spread out on your skin? What s it?
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  5. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

If you mean do they start small and get bigger, no. I'll notice one is there without noticing that it was coming, and it just stays awhile, then goes away. It can take a few hours to a few days to disappear, but it usually comes on suddenly - I guess. I don't notice it until it's already there. I suppose the bigger ones don't just instantly show up, but it sometimes seems that they do. Maybe you are more aware of your skin than I am. Where are they coming on? From what I understand, they're commonly on forearms and shins.

I was also thinking that I often get little bumps more like small bug bites that are kind of like acne, but without a white head. I get these on my upper arms and on my thighs. I also get boils. I've assumed the smaller ones are related to the boils, only less severe, but I really don't know. And occasionally I get itchy red spots on my shins, but they don't last more than a day or so. Does any of this sound like what you're dealing with?
  6. karenq

karenq New Member

Hi, One time my son got something like that. At first I thought they were flea bites, then he got a lot and I thought they were chicken pox (I don't have other kids and didn't know what chicken pox looked like), and then a friend of a friend said they could be scarlet fever. I took him to the doctor and she said they were the result of a virus that he had had previously. It took a couple of months before it completely went away. And he still gets a random few on occasion. The doctor didn't give any medication for them--she just said to use calamine if they were itchy.

I hope you find out what yours is soon, and I hope it is nothing serious.

Karen