I've had a rough two days...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by stilhere, Jun 5, 2003.

1. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Oh loving friends, I ask that you pray for me, I need some strength right now and I'm feeling overwhelmed...First of all, they are adjusting my disability checks because I stopped working, so I was supposed to receive a check on 5/30, it never came, checks bounced, I called them and they said they will send it on the 26th, its going to take long because of the adjustments and that my kids are on welfare, which is fine, but in the mean time, I don't have money to make rent and pay bills, so far my landlord said he'll wait, but for that you have to take it like a grain of salt, you know how landlords are, then yesterday I woke up and my living room was flooded, almost ankle deep, I just put in new couches, thank God the only thing that was ruined was my carpet,but I need that because the Lupus has been affecting my feet, so an ex-relative in-law just happened to visit in the morning, I hadn't seen her in like 2 years, she didn't know I was back in town, and she put us up in a motel because the landlord had to have house cleaners/restorers come in and dry the walls, they have these big vacuum like things (3) in the living room, they were supposed to be done today, but I just found out not until tomorrow at 1p.m., SO we have to try and sleep tonight in the house with these big vacuums making so much noise, I've been busy so much today that my legs hurt, my feet hurt, they cut a hole in the wall to see where the water was coming from....I should just stop, I feel like I'm not making sense...thanks for listening....

Jessica
    One more (sorry) my relationship with my 17 year old is diminishing again...he's moved out now, going on a month, (he has been staying with a relative), he hasn't wanted to talk to me which has been painful, but he did call today, asking about the cell phone, but nevertheless, he chose to talk to me and asked about the chemo...please pray for a reconciliation between me and him, I never thought this would happen to me, one of my kids moving out like this because he was angry....[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2003]
  2. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

So very sorry that you have been having such a rough time, will gladly pray for your situation and a resolution to the trouble with your son. It is most definitely times like these that sure make us appreciate better days. Sorry that I didn't see your posts until so late tonight, my husband and then both boys were on the computer earlier. I pray you will get some rest, and the next few days will be much more bearable. love and peace, P. Michelle aka Rebel
  3. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

your post this morning and my heart went out to you! From what you've written it seems that you've sure got your plate full. I also had the experience of having a child leave the house in such circumstances and it's very painful and sad! I hope that things turn around for you very soon. My words are only of small comfort seeing what you are dealing with..just know time heals all, even if every minute seems like forever. My thoughts will be with you. Hang in there!!! queenbee
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am sorry, I have missed coming here for a couple of days, been so busy on the main board.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so many problems at one time.

As for your son, mine did the same thing at 17. Must be a bad age. He will be back, mine came home after a few weeks. He was sorry as could be for leaving too.

Will keep all of your troubles in my prayers, your son too.

YOu try to take care, and I will be praying for that check to get there soon......

God's blessings going out for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I just came across your post & I'm with the others who answered & are praying for a solution to your situation.

As far as you son moving out, I can relate to him!! I was the daughter who moved out! My mother & I just could not get along (don't know if that's your case or not) - she was treating my like I was 10 yrs. old!

Here's the nice part - after several months of very strained relationship with her, we actually began getting along better than we ever had before! So, I think this was the reason I was meant to leave home - so my relationship with my mother could be repaired.

I'm not trying to minimize your situation with your son. Just trying to let you know that sometimes there really is a silver lining!!

Take care.......Kathi
  6. stilhere

stilhere New Member

For the first time actually, he called and asked about the chemo, so that was nice, when he lived with me, he would always say, 'your not that sick'...Thank you all for encouragement, heaven knows I need it, like I said you all have been my support and encouragement since I've found these boards....Just to let everyone know that they confirmed that I'm not going to get any income they said till the last week of June...so hopefully landlord waits, I haven't old him yet...

Love,
    Jessica
    [This Message was Edited on 06/08/2003]
  7. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

I haven't been around much lately and just saw this post. Please know you are in my prayers. I hope by now some of the concerns are working out to benefit you and your family.

May you rest in the assurance that you are God's child and He is watching over you. May the good Lord hold you close and help to heal the relationship with your son and soften his heart.

I am so sorry your trials have been so hard lately. Please keep the faith there are better days ahead.

God bless,
    C J
  8. selma

selma New Member

I pray that your landlord i s the kind of person who will see a need and fill it. God grant him the wisdom to be empathetic to another child of God.
    I so happy to read that your son is speaking more kindly to you. You will stay in my prayers that your needs both physical and emotional will be met.
    Love,
    Selma