I've had hep c for 20 years

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Oggy, May 30, 2003.

1. Oggy

Oggy New Member

My first post here so bare with me..

Chronic fatigue is associated with Hep C.

I'm looking for alternatives to the standard treatment if any of you know what I mean. I need something to increase my brain function thats legal.

My health is getting worse..ringing ears, black eyes and never rested. I'm starting to cramp up all over.This really sucks I'm only 41 and still very active with 4 children.

I work in computing and find myself reading everthing 2 and 3 times and forget remembering somebodies name. My short-term memory is horrible because of being so tired.

Any help is appreciated !!

Thanks, Bruce
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Bruce, welcome to our world. Sorry you are having such problems too.

I have Fibromyalgia, not CFS, but can relate to some of your problems. We do have cross over symptoms.

I take Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate) for energy and pain.
    Also ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) for deep sleep, it has also helped with the pain and I am not as 'foggy' as I was before taking these two supplements.

Its very true that most all FM/CFS people are deficient in magnesium, which helps with everything from our brains to our muscle aches.

I also found that drinking half my body weight in OUNCES of water a day has helped a great deal with brain fog, plus I sure feel a lot better all around too.

Hope this helped a little, I know others with CFS will be sharing what has helped them also. All the above is 'legal' and can be purchased from the 'Store' link at the top of this page from Pro Health.
    Again, welcome to the board............

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Oggy

Oggy New Member

Thanks Shirl,

I noticed your an avid bookworm, I enjoy studying historical issues as well.

Bac to your post...I see a big problem with my habbit patterns and 1 is caffine consumption to offset the sleepy syndrome. After doing some reading I'm discovering that water is essential to these types of illnesses. Apparently the caffine is doing just the opposite.

I printed out the list of vitamins and am going to hunt down that Pro Energy.

Does Fibromyalgia effect your liver? I know it's painful for sure..my buddy co-worker in our church library came down with it and within a matter of a year or 2 she was reduced to whimpering.

This is the first time I've reached out. I'm trying to bolster up my attitude in preparation of another round of treatment.

Thanks for your timely response as well as the good info Shirl

Peace, Bruce

4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You can go to the 'Store' link at the top of this board, the two supplements I mentioned are both sold here at Pro Health. Lots of information on others also that may interest you.

Yes, if you are big on caffiene, that could be one of your problems (it was one of mine too). Caffeine causes dehydration.

I read a book (does that surprise you??) on water, it changed my life. Here it is; 'ABC of Asthma, Allergies, and Lupus' by F. Batmanghelidj, MD.

According to this doctor most American's are dehydrated, and that without drinking plain water we are open to all kinds of diseases. Its a great read.

I only drank a mouthful of water to swallow a pill, never in my life did I simply drink a glass of water! I drank tea, coffee and juices, but never water.

For over a year now, I have been drinking half my body weight in ounces of water, and believe me, I feel so much better. Even the FM fog is a lot less now.

I have not had a problem with my liver, but I never took prescription meds for any long period of time either. I am allergic to most of them.

I think that the meds are causing the liver problems with FM, if you read some of the posts here you will see what I mean. Many of the members have this problem, caused by meds. Which most of us can't live without with the pain.

Yes, the pain of FM can reduce you to a screaming frantic human being. I have been there a few times, the spasms are the worst. I have been at this for 20 years, I know your friends pain well. Be supportive of her.

Right now, mine has been under control for about a year, I do have to be very careful with my lifestyle, I pace myself, take rests, not lift heavy things etc.

Its a hard lesson for a type 'A' person to make these changes, but there is no sense in fighting a losing battle with the pain!

Tell your friend to get herself a 'mattress heating pad', its wonderful for the night pain and the morning stiffness. I could not live without it. They are sold at Sear's, Penny's and Wal-Mart on line.

Also invite her to join the board, we would love to have her.

This is the first time that I 'reached out' Bruce, I have been here over two years now.

I have gotten some serious help from the other members, it has changed my life............

Take care

Shalom, Shirl