I've had the flu

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kryssie, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

My son came home sick from the sitters Wed Dec 20th. he had a fever the highest point was 103.1. Thursday I got up running a fever. I stayed home from work. Friday I got up and went in (I'd miss my holiday pay if I didnt) and Friday I really felt *OK*.
    Haha. Friday evening I got sicker than I have been in a long time, since when I had light pneumonia.
    I ran a fever so high my body had a reaction to it and I broke out in hives from head to toe I even had them in my ears and hair.
    I was real bad sick up until this past weds and started feeling some better but began throwing up at night. mind you this is every night now for whatever reason and it is Saturday!! Its been a week and a half and Im still coughing too. No fever though.
    Its going to take me forever to get back to my normal pain filled life, lol.
    The dr gave me hycodan though and I am taking this bottle to my rheumy on my next appointment because honestly I had NO PAIN in my muscle groups when I was taking this stuff for cough/flu symptoms! I know it has hydrocodone in it but it also has some other type of anti-tussive and I could NOT believe how much better I felt taking this stuff! Just wanted to share.
  2. janie056

janie056 New Member

Wow, I am so sorry to hear you had the flu like this. I had the flu shot, and after four days I had a mild case and that was enough for me.
    I do hope you are feeling better, please let us know what your rheumy has to say about the medication.

Love to you and Happy New Year,
    Jane
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Yep, that was a bad one this year. And I turned to my cough syrup as well, even though I didn't have a cough.

Discovered that one years ago for severe achies. It's the best muscle relaxer, and for me, gives me great positive dreams.

Unfortunately I can only take it for a day or two; then it upsets my stomach. So I keep it for emergencies only. Very addictive, and I love it!!

Healing light************carole
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Yes, esp w/ us CFS/FM ppl, anything else that comes along, we get. Chamomile tea settles my upset stomach and dry toast (no jellies or butter as these feed some bad bacterias).

Heat always feels great when I'm sick. I like this heat lamp bulb from Walmart: 250W $4 bulb. I take a daily nap under it. Its about 3 feet away and I use a clean sock over my eyes. I wake up feeling refreshed. It feels great on the bare skin. Like sunbathing!
  5. Kryssie

Kryssie New Member

I love the heat too! I have a tanning bed that I love to get in but I cant take a nap in it, lol. Altho once I did pass out in it when I used to drink way back when LOL!!