I've made a BIG decision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 26, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

So, after months of trying to decide whether or not to spend the money on going to FFC philly, I've decided I'm going to call and make an appointment. I'm just so tired of being sick, and I need to get the proper treatment ASAP. I've got a family and I'm working on achieving my career goals, so I cannot afford to feel like garbage every day. The fevers, the achiness, the overwhelming fatigue..it all has to stop. And my ID doc isn't really doing a whole heck of a lot. So, I've decided that it'll be best for me to go to FFC, where they can possibly figure out the underlying cause of my disease and help me on the road to recovery.

My husband is in agreement. He feels that if it's what I feel like I need to do, then I should go for it. I spoke with my mom today, who also validated my thoughts. She made me realize that I should not be putting a pricetag on my health, even if it means loading up a credit card in order to pay for all of it.

I think the major expense is going to be the bloodwork. However, I spoke with a rep at FFC who said that they can write an order for the bloodwork that needs to be done. I can then bring that to my own doctor who can write a script for it, that way my insurance company will pay most of it...hopefully.

So, that's my big news for today. I guess the last straw for me was on sunday when I had a fever of 100 degrees at work. I could barely function because I was feeling so achy. It was the icing on the cake, and it made me realize I need to be doing something more. And now today I've got swollen glands and one heck of a sore throat. I can't wait to start on my road to recovery.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

hope they can put you on the road to recovery
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

from jodie
  4. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I would'nt hesitate for a moment if I could do this. All the luck in the world to you. I wish you the best,

Arlene
  5. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Hi Kim!

This is a big decision for you and I hope it brings you MUCH closer to a full remission.

You've been through too much bad health, lately, and deserve so much better.

Healing Hugs,

Janice
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I wish you the best, Kim. Keep us posted, OK?

Marta