I've made a hard descision..I'm gonna get my hair cut short...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I cant take care of it like I used to with curling it everyday and sometimes I dont have the energy to mess with it so I'm gonna take the plunge. I've always had my hair shoulder length but never short-short. Hubby is okay with it and hey if I dont like it, it will grow out. Just one of the changes I have to make. Just had to fill ya all in..
    Carla
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I cant take care of it like I used to with curling it everyday and sometimes I dont have the energy to mess with it so I'm gonna take the plunge. I've always had my hair shoulder length but never short-short. Hubby is okay with it and hey if I dont like it, it will grow out. Just one of the changes I have to make. Just had to fill ya all in..
    Carla
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

My husband despises short hair on females and says he finds it "physically repulsive", so when I cut my hair from waist length to chin length he had fits. It is now back to shoulder length and he still thinks it's too short. I have to wash it every day due to my exercise routines. What a pain! Good for you!
    Klutzo
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

One of the fun-things to play with; I've gone from shaving my head (way back when) to now having long hair which came as a surprise. I was so sick for two years once I rose from the grave so to speak (halloween ha-ha) I had long hair. Must wear it up but neat for a change. I am sure you will enjoy your new "doo" too. CactusLil'
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

My hair is so thin and straight that it just lays there and it kills me to get a perm from the chemicals and having to hold my head in a certain position for so long so I figured I'd take the dip. I've never had short hair and may not like it but it will eventually grow out.
    Carla
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I just did the same thing and now everybody is saying I look so much younger!! COOL!
    Love,
    Kady
  7. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

best thing I ever did! I, too, have a hubby that hates short hair on women (I braid HIS every night before he goes to work.).

So mine's been long forever. But, one day in April I just did it, REAL short. I, too, get told i look younger. And it feels SOOOOOOO good, and is so much easier to care for, I really don't care HOW he feels about it! Not to say that I'm insensitive or uncaring for his wants. It is just that it no longer HURTS to maintain, as long hair definitely c auses more pain for me.

Soon as I figure ouot how to get my scanner working, I'm gonna change the photo in my profile (taken in Feb, 02) to reflect the REAL me, Ha!

Enjoy your new locks, and good for you for getting up the gumption! It's great to LITERALLY take 60 sec. to wash AND rinse your hair. another 60 sec. to towel dry and "style".

hope you love it, too,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  8. Hippo

Hippo New Member

but I couldn't comb or style it, so I cut it short. He ended up divorcing me, not about the hair, though. I am thinking of cutting it even shorter.

Hippo
  9. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I grew mine long for my husband once. It gave me fits because it is really fine & tangles easily. One afternoon he wanted me to go to the hardware store & I told him "Sure, just as soon as I de-mat this". He said get it cut. It took me four hours to find a shop open on a Monday, but I came home with short hair. I know I look younger, and it is so much easier to care for. I can just wash it & run my fingers through it & go. Natural waves are nice sometimes. Go for it. You won't be sorry. Try a beauty school. I got real tired of paying $25 for a bad cut. I figure with a $6 cut I've got a better chance of getting what I want, because the instructors always double check.
    Kathryn
  10. cpalance

cpalance New Member

in CT. He cut my hair short and highlighted it. Oh, and while I was there he was taking a class on a new Bio-Ionic hair straightening process and I was one of the models and got it done for free. My son and his wife do hair and make-up for models. My husband doesn't like short hair either, but he understands how hard it is for me to take care of. Go ahead and do it, you will be sooooo happy.

Cindy
  11. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I used to have long hair. My son, now 29, came home from school one day about 13 yrs ago & said "Momma women your age dont wear long hair"!. Yep Was Flabbergasted.

Up until about 7 yrs ago I wore my hair real short and permed it. Was A 'Pain In The Butt' to get a perm every 3 to 4 months.

Past 7 yrs my hair is all one length and cut about 2 inches below the bottom portion of my ears.

As I have Dry Dry Hair -I only wash mine about every 3 days.
    Between washings I use Pantene (sp?) Spray On Conditioner and My Hot Air Drying Brush.

Gentleness
  12. lease79

lease79 New Member

..I had my butt length hair cut to shoulder length. I thought that I'd never get used to it, but it is SOOOO much easlier to deal with now.
    Not like having an extra child to look after!

Lease
  13. Cindi

Cindi New Member

There seems to be a consensus that most men DON'T like short hair! Mine is one of them, but he, too, understands why I gradually kept going shorter and shorter! I LOVE my short hair. I have straight, fine, blond hair, and the cut I have now is the best! I have a lot of layers, and it's very easy to style and only takes a few minutes to blow dry. No more killing my arms!! On a bad day, I just wash it and put spray gel in it, and it STILL looks good. I will never have my hair long again, unless I find a "miracle cure" that gives me back my old body and energy!!

Hugs to all,
    Cindi
  14. lilwren

lilwren New Member

I keep debating about cutting mine short, but I worry I won't be able to get back to the beauty shop to have it kept looking 'good'. I mean - won't it grow faster and need more maintenance? I'm lucky if I can get mine washed once a week! :) PLUS, it hurts! Anyone else have their hair hurt? It's so strange, but it takes me dozens of times to get it into a scrunchy before one hair or another is not pulling and in pain. My hair is shoulder length now and it used ot be longer, but I had my husband cut it shoulder length. What kind of style do you ask for? I would't even know what to tell someone I wanted. Maybe I'll get brave enough to do it. I bet it feels soooo much better short. :)

love,

Sharon L
  15. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

People are donating their hair from hair cuts to the Cancer Society. They make hair wigs for kids and people with cancer who don't have any hair.
    Please consider it. I wish I had known about it when I got lots of my hair cut off.
    ~Gina
  16. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

My husband wants me to grow my thin limp hair really long down my back, but I love my short hair. I used to have a short bob with bangs and I used to visit the salon only twice a year. I would get it cut short in the summer and grow it longer in the winter to keep me warm.

My health is stronger now so last time I went to the salon I had her do a very short layered cut on me and it looks and feels wonderful. I always tell her I need a wash and wear cut. I don't blow dry my hair and I trim my own bangs every two months. Now that's it's layered I have to visit the hair salon every two months but it's still very low maintenance and looks great. I go to the JC Penney salon and my hairstylist does good work.

Love, Jasmine
  17. allhart

allhart New Member

youll feel so much better i cut mine short when ever it gets to my wasit its so much liter after its like someone took weights off good luck
  18. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I let mine get long and then when I have 10 inches that can be cut, but still leave me with some hair, I send it to the Org. "locksoflove', just type that into the search space and it will take you to their website. They are a great Org. that donates wigs to young people who have lost their hair due to Med's. or illness.

They will even send you a "Thank You Card", so you will know they got the hair.

I don't have as much Scalp pain, or shed as much hair when I keep it shorter than I use to.

Sincerely,
    kredca4/sharon
  19. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

i love it. its soo much easier to take care of which is important because some days i can barely lift my arms. it's a simle slightly layered classic style. i may even put in some highlights.

i say go for it

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2002]
  20. G

G New Member

Especially when I run out of the shampoo brand I now use has no more in stock. Just ordered 6 shampoo and 6 body wash because they are the only brand that I have been able to find that don't make me sick!

If I have to, I'll shave my head and wear an hat when I go out. I refuse to get sick over my hair. Don't know what I'll do for body wash yet. Still looking and smelling - Nothing yet.

Carla, I don't blame you for wanting to cut your hair! Do what makes you feel good....

G

[ advertisement ]