I've quit today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granny1353, Apr 3, 2006.

1. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

it has been 10 hours, I am using the patch, a generic one, it is still hard. Soon I will be going to bed and pray tomorrow will be earier.

Keep me in your prayers, Granny
  2. spmary

spmary New Member

Hi Granny... that is great! Hurray!!! Just think how much better you will feel,your food will taste better, your clothes and hair will smell better. I know it is hard,but take it a day at a time. I stopped several times then had a stroke last Nov. and really stopped this time.
    Chew the gum and anything else that helps. I also took Wellbrutin. Good luck and I'll be sending up some prayers for us both. Love, Mary
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Good for you!! June
  4. suexi

suexi New Member

I quit; it will be 3 years july 4th. Cold Turkey, which I wouldn't advise; (I was a nutcase). The smell of smoke makes me really sick now. Hang in there, I know you can do it.
    Susan
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but you will need to be a good fighter now...hang in there

jodie
  6. code34me

code34me New Member

Encouraging for me Granny!!! Your are helping someone Granny and its ME!!! I cant stop thinking about quiting and I no I need to so your post helps you and me and others!!!! I think it is the decision to do so and just do it that is the hardest!!! I am proud of you, you go girl!

Take care of you (and you are) Codey
  7. maripat

maripat New Member

I've been tring to find the strenght to do this myself.

I reallt hope you can do it.

best of luck.
    maripat
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Granny and Jammer, congratulations on your decisions to quit smoking! It's tough at first but gets easier with time. I've been smoke-free since New Year's Day and I plan to live a smoke-free life and make healthy choices every day.. God bless, Anne Theresa