Ive read alot about Activive for cfs. Successful

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jcom, Jul 19, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom New Member

Activive for cfs, read alot about it on the internet. Sounds promising. Has anybody heard any feedback on this product
  2. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Hi, am new here. Have cfs and fibro for 12 years. Just started taking activive last week. (no change yet!!) Bought 5 months supply, so am hoping it will do something. At least i can tolerate it. I react to so many things but i am getting no side effects from it so thats one good thing. Am interested to hear of any one else that is using it or tried it. I can't seem to find much feed back on it either. (other than from their website) Will let you know how I get on.
  3. Turnert

Turnert New Member

She is at 11 weeks, and the jury is still out. she felt it worth while to continue but there may be other factors causing the slight improvement I and she saw. She stopped the pill at the same time and that appeared to improve things.

Really I am unsure it is of benefit but bought another 3 months supply but will not continue past 6 mths unless of real benefit.

I saw a post on another forum for FM and CFS where the user got a latge benefit in 2 weeks. I havent see that and am supicious of the posts as she hasnt come back in 4 mths since making it.

Best of luck
    Tony
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2006]
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I'm new here as of today. Hi.

I am on day four w the Activive, nothing yet of course. My CFS and FM are the worst I've ever experienced, so I'm desperate!! I'll keep checking in to see if anyone else feels improvement w it or if I have a miraculous recovery...haha.

Hermit
  5. Turnert

Turnert New Member

as mentioned I am repurchasing another 3 mths supply tho am still saying the jury is out.

Some observations
    1. my daughter says that she has put on wieght in the past 3 months being on activive. unsure if it is related

2. My order for three months supply was messed up got 1 month and charged for 3 . still trying to fix that

3. And this a worry is she missed 1 days taking the 2 tablets and felt really bad. I wonder if this is indication the product is working or... they are addictive and you have to step off them slowly.

be nice to have another at this stage of taking them...
  6. curlykale

curlykale New Member

I feel I have to post this as I encouraged my girlfriend to try Active. She has had CFS for over 8 years. It is very expensive but she felt she should try it as they promise a refund if it doesn't work.
    After 2 days her lips became numb and her sleep pattern became much worse. She persevered but her lips became completely numb and she began to feel really unwell. She cannot eat mushrooms and discovered that Activive contains a lot of mushroom. She emailed Activive several times and got nowhere. She eventually phoned them and is still awaiting a refund. I tried looking for any negative feedback about Active using several search engines...nothing, just loads of glowing reports! I am deeply suspicious. £48 pounds for 1 month's supply. They have marketed this brilliantly, using a quasi Christian slant on some of their sites. What about this headline from another site, "Imagine Knowing and Feeling Reconnected To Your Inner Power Source, Plus You'll Be More Productive In Every Way Sexually and Financially!"
    What a claim! Don't be taken in!
  7. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Has your friend got her money back for the Activive yet? I have been on it for over 2 weeks so far with no improvement in my health. But interestingly enough I have numb lips!!! I just put it down to part of my headaches being so bad at the moment (not that I have ever had numb lips before)!!!
    Thankyou for posting about your friend because it just hasnt occured to me that I am having a reaction to the Activive - yea I know duh!! Brain is totally out to lunch!

I havn't reacted to mushrooms before, but I can't eat too much of any food without getting reactions. I have to rotate my diet. I wonder if Activive is like having a plate of mushrooms a day??
    Hmmmmmm and i bought 5 months supply costing $300.00!!
    Don't suppose they will want to answer my phone calls either!!
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

It's been 2 wks or so and I don't feel any different. Still waiting.
  9. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Good luck Hermitlady, I am going to cut back to one a day and see if that stops the numb lips.
  10. Turnert

Turnert New Member

My daughter will be going off them using whatever tablets she has left. As they will not answer emails to fix up the messed up order (sent 2 and 1 contact form ) I have passed this onto my credit card firm for disputed claims.

Really had hopes for this they do advertise well but so far here 3 out of 3 failures. 2 seem to be allergic to mushrooms though.

After 3 full months she has zero improvement
  11. redhowdy222

redhowdy222 New Member

thanks for the infor on the product, Activive. I was going to try it, but am not due to all of the comments. Glad I checked here first.
  12. Turnert

Turnert New Member

Please add a comment here.

BTW there was a poster in another forum who said Activive worked for her in 7 days. Unfortunately she hasnt added to her June comment since then.

She was why we tried the product so i understand why you decided not to.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2006]
  13. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I wonder if I read the same post as you, I found only one person that had tried it and was getting results in the first week but hadn't posted back again.

I was thinking she must be so well and has her life back she hasn't had time to come back and update!!

I have stopped taking it and my lips are fine again, in fact I am feeling a whole lot better!! I have just come out of 3 weeks of hell with this cfs. I was starting to crash when i started the activive so I am not blaming that. Although it does have me wondering now if it was making things worse!! (and here I was thinking yay, something i can take and tolerate! hahahaha

Will give my body a break for a few days and then i am going to try 1 pill a day and see how i go from there.

Have invested a fair amount of money in this and I am still hoping i will see some sort of benefit from it!! But I also thought I was covered with a 100% back money guarantee! Am feeling quite gullable now!
  14. Turnert

Turnert New Member

But better to call them. I really stirred them yesterday to see if I con either get what I paid for or a refund of part order but still no reply. I think their toll free number is best contact but as I am in australia that is not an option. I might ask another moderator in a forum i mod for to call and ask them.

the poster was Sunnybrie. She is postibng still but in the shopping area of same forum.

My daughter's main problem is reaction to the pill and convergence issues with her eye. Any reading tires her heaps.

We are about to try a product called q10 when the active runs out.

Best of luck with your 1 tablet a day
  15. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I take 2 a day....probably for 2 wks now. I've been in a bad flare up since the end of July with the worst fatigue ever. Depression worse than it's been in months. I haven't noticed anything getting worse since I started taking it, so I'll keep it up.

I'll report back soon....

Hermit
  16. tlayne

tlayne Member

Hi guys, I am so sorry this has happened to you. I have not tried Activive, and thanks to you all I will not try it. I am so mad that they are not responding to you. Please, please call your Attorney General and report them. Also try the Better Buisness Bureau to see if they have been reported. If they haven't, report them. If they have, report them again. Hopefully they will also have some advice on what you can do to get your money refunded. Best of luck!

I would also suggest starting another post, and being more frank in the topic about what they have done to you to warn others. Hugs, Tam
  17. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Hiya, I'm in NZ so their toll free number is no good to me either!! Am not going to try and contact them yet untill i know for sure i cant take it, And if they do do the dirty, I WILL be posting all over the web!!

Keep me up to date on how you are getting on with them though please, and yes it was sunnybrie that i read about too!!!

Am hoping you hermitlady see some results from it soon, surely it must help someone??
  18. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the activive site by accident a few days ago. Sure sounds like wonderful stuff.

But I don't see any enthusiastic endorsements here.

I used to have a site listed w/ my "favorities" for reporting problems w/ on-line vendors. Unfortunately a friend worked on my computer and erased my list. If I find it again, I will post it here.
  19. Turnert

Turnert New Member

Took another email this time to another address their customer service email rather than sales.

They posted the missing bottles yesterday so I will give them a tick finally but they (the firm) needs to improve their response to emails.

Re the product It doesnt I see do harm, so as we now have 3 bottles my daughter will finish them.

As I mentioned elsewhere the pill seems to have a marked effect on her vision and concentration ability. So we are taking her off that as well and see what she is like after no pill and another 3 mths on activive.

Wish we had a definitive answer re it and our GP supported putting her on anti virals. I feel those will do more for her health.

Good luck to you all. Hope things improve for you.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]
  20. maedaze

maedaze New Member

Glad to hear they have finally replied and you got your 3 bottles.

I am in the middle of changing my migraine medication as they are out of control at the moment. But once the new meds settle down - hopefully in a few days and i am back on an even keel I will start the activive again.

Will see then how I go. Sorry to hear your daughter isn't getting any results out of them... they sound so good though don't they?

HERMITLADY: how are you going? Are you finding any relief with the activive?