I'VE WON - IT'S FINALLY OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gongee, Aug 11, 2005.

1. gongee

gongee New Member

The SSA Disability process is finally over. I can't believe it. I had met with my lawyer yesterday to go over things for this Friday. I was as ready as anyone can get for this
    type of thing, plus scared as could be. Today, my lawyer called and said he had spoken to the Jugde. The judge had made his decision declaring me totally disabled by records only and I don't have to go to the hearing tomorrow. Thank everyone on this forum who has helped me by their suggestions, bumping and prayers. It is a blessing to have such caring people in my life. I can finally breathe.
  2. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

Hooray for you!
  3. happygranny

happygranny Member

Reading what you just wrote about getting your disability reminded me so clearly of the huge sense of relief and exhilaration I felt when I got the phone call saying I was approved for disability.
    When the letter arrived a couple of days later, stating it in black and white I was still vibrating with happiness.

I think part of it was the fact that I felt validated, someone believed me!

Now you can let go of this process and start focusing on your health.

happygranny
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

Fantastic news!! I go Weds next week. I would love to get a call rather than have to go. But, I'm going on my own, no lawyer.

Again, Congratulations.

bozey

P.S. What state are you in?[This Message was Edited on 08/11/2005]
  5. darude

darude New Member

What was in your records that they based in on?
  6. gongee

gongee New Member

DARUDE
    MY RECORDS WERE BASED ON FIBROMYALGIA, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME, ANXIETY, PANIC DISORDER AND DEPRESSION.

AGAIN, THANK EVERYONE FOR BELIEVING IN ME AND I WISH EACH AND EVERYONE THAT IS GOING THROUGH THE DISABILITY PROCESS, GOOD LUCK. IT IS A GRUELING SITUATION PHYSICIALLY AND MENTALLY, BUT THERE IS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.
  7. Huggabugg123

Huggabugg123 New Member

How awesome that you didn't have to go to the hearing. Sounds to me like you have a geat lawyer as well. It would be wonderful to hear for myself the same news that you have received.

Best wishes ~

Huggabugg
  8. rosebud53

rosebud53 New Member

I just got my denial--now the appeal process--my lawyer said it can take 9 months to 18 months.
    How long did it take for you???
    So Happy for you!!

9. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

CONGRATS!!!!!

So happy for you!! What a relief...it dosent take the pain away but sure helps with some of the stress!!

((((Hugs))))
    Bluerose
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for your.

Love, Mikie
  11. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

Hurray Congratulations Congee,

Another Approval really well done and you didnt have to go to the hearing either.
    I was approved in july too just with sending in application for disability too.
    You can rest and relax now.

All the best enjoy the rest.

diligent.
  12. tracii

tracii New Member

So glad to hear the news!

Good luck to everyone else in the process of trying to get their benefits.

I'll be fighting for it soon enough ~ ack!

Congratulations again! ~Tracii~
  13. neen85

neen85 New Member

I bet you were in shock after that call! I am so happy for you! What a big relief that must have been....you can breathe now! Daneen
  14. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

ALLLLRIGHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. gongee

gongee New Member

Again, thanks to everyone for helping me get through this process. I still don't believe it is really done, but then again I am still on cloud 9. Like it was said, it doesn't stop the pain, but it sure takes some stress off. I wish the best for all of you that are still waiting for your disability and hope each and everyone of you will have a favorable outcome. I did have a great lawyer, but also
    2 wonderful doctors that came through for me with flying colors. At my reconsideration denial, I was told it would be 8 to 10 months before I would be granted a hearing, which would have put me at 2 years total. Instead the total time I have waited for this is close to 11 months. To me, I have been very blessed, as I know so many of you have been waiting years. My heart goes out to you.Please don't give up, you will win and I will be cheering you all the way. Sheila