IVIG Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Mar 1, 2007.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hey Cristine,

I know you wanted me to keep you posted on the IVIG. I had my first treatment a week ago. To early to say yet because my body is not used to it. I did get a headache, and it seems it may have over stimulated my immune and central nervous system. However, I need to discuss with the doctor whether that can be helped by slowing the infusion rate.

Unfortunately, I have recently as I think I told you been having a lot of problems with this doctor. So I do not know what is going to happen. He is a real prize, I may even have to try to go after him legally. In the interim, I have to discuss with my Primary to see if he will take over while I look for another doctor.

I wish I could give you more feedback, but I think most need to at least give it three or more treatments to see how it works. So, I am going to try to hang in there and try another one providing the doctor will work with me.

As for your trying it, if you get the insurance to approve it then it may be worth a shot. That is an individual choice, and I believe that you can get the shots. My doc said you could not, but I was told by someone here they were able to get the shots at the FFC in Torrence California. I believe you mentioned you are from CA. The shots at that place are $150 per shot which is probably once per month. Hope this helps and hope you are feeling somewhat better.
  2. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thanks for the information, please do keep us posted on your progress.

BTW, do you suffer primarily from CFS? bacterial or viral load?

Foxglove