jacibart

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sickandtired, Oct 18, 2002.

1. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

1% of people who use vicoden become addicted to it. The doctors are scared of it because the dea put limitations on it because of illegal street sales. Doctors will tell you this because there are alot of people who go in there and fake symptoms to get the drug for getting high. These are people who have no pain and are thus misusing it. Because of these people, doctors will tell you this. We have definate and real pain, which is what this drug is for. I've been perscribed 60 pills a month for the past 4 years, and take them when I need them. I went off with no problem when I got pregnant because I had no pain. My doctor also has FM and is fine with perscribing this medication for me.
    Andrea
  2. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

1% of people who use vicoden become addicted to it. The doctors are scared of it because the dea put limitations on it because of illegal street sales. Doctors will tell you this because there are alot of people who go in there and fake symptoms to get the drug for getting high. These are people who have no pain and are thus misusing it. Because of these people, doctors will tell you this. We have definate and real pain, which is what this drug is for. I've been perscribed 60 pills a month for the past 4 years, and take them when I need them. I went off with no problem when I got pregnant because I had no pain. My doctor also has FM and is fine with perscribing this medication for me.
    Andrea
  3. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

It does NOTHING for me if I take it without having a pain filled day. Love it for breakthru pain. But on a painfree day once in a while I took it to see if it gave me a lift. Nope, nothing .I also agree , it's not hard to get away from, and this is comming from someone with an addictive chemistry. My new posting talks about a new Dr. I saw today. Her sister has FMS. I feel so lucky to find a healer in the know. Good luck to you, Andrea. We are so lucky to have all these great friends.